1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Packaging gunstock to ship USPS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mike G, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike G

Mike G Member

Need to ship my gun stock(receiver and butt stock) via USPS for repair, any tips on packing or what type of material to use. What makes a good container to ship gun stock in.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Bubble wrap ought to do it. Make it big enough for a snug fit in the box. Fill out with newspaper as necessary. Nothing should move or be near the outside of the box.

HM

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

you could do a smaller box inside a larger one if you want to be super careful

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. 682 beretta

682 beretta Member

A couple years ago, I talked to Tracy at Graco about sending a 682 stock to him for some work. He said when you pack the stock, put something between the two ears (my term) of the stock in addition to how you pack it. A piece of wood that fits, a rolled up wad of bubble pack, or a sponge ball you stole form your kid. Tracy had seen lots of damaged stocks because they weren't packaged well. So pack it well and then pack it again, or your next call might be to Gordon for a new piece of wood. hell that might not be such a bad idea,
    Regards, Barney

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.