1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pacific Verelite Wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Bought a box full of lite green wads at a sale.The bag list them as 1 1/8 wads but they don't hold that much.What have I got and how can I load them?All the load data on the bag calls for 18grs of 700X or red dot with 1 1/8 of shot.

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Is the bag marked "Versalite"? I doubt very much that that is the wad you have. Sounds more like a green duster 1oz wad, or something similiar. All the Versalite wads I have ever used had more than enough room for 11/8oz of shot, even with the bulkier powders like greed dot, RexII, etc. Any chance of posting a picture of the wads? Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Dan I will try to get a pic later.The bag clearly says Verelite.When I bought them I misread the bag and I thought they were Versalite's just a different color.

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Stand the wad up alongside a known 11/8oz wad and look for the difference in cup depth. Also check it against a known 1oz wad and see if the shot cup is not the same depth.... Dan

5. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

I found this doing a Google search.

Pacific made three Verelite wads, the blue, red, and green. The blue and red were designed for use in the Federal and AA hulls. Blue for 1-1/4 oz loads and the red for 1-1/8 oz loads, though the red one worked OK in the Federal hull for 1-1/4 oz loads with the right powder. They worked OK in Peters Blue Magic hulls too.

The green wad was designed for use in the high base wad Remington hull ie, All American and the first generation plastic Express hull. These wads are in the 30 to 35 year old range. Not that they aren't a good enough wad, they are, I still have some too. It's just that there really aren't any hulls around any more that work with the green verelite wad. The RXP, Blue Magic, Premier, and current STS/Nitro 27s are not the hull to use that wad in. Unless you want to do some heavy shot charge loading and interpolate the load, just put them in the circular file!

I hope this helps, David.

6. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

The loads that show up in the Lyman loading data are for 1 1/4 field loads.

1 1/4 ounces Unique, Remington 97, One Pacific Green Verelite - 1240

Thanks David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
blue magic hull red dot powder reloading data
blue verelite images
blue versalite wads
is the blue pacific veralite comparible to the winchester waa12r wad
pacific verelite wad load data

pacific wads

verelite wad