1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pacific Tool 366

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gjmen, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gjmen

gjmen Member

A friend of mine is moving and while cleaning out the basement found a Pacific Tool Co. 12ga 366 reloader. He stopped shooting close to 20 years ago when he started his family. He said at that time it worked fine. I was going to clean it up and post it for sale at the local clubs. What are these things worth? Are they desirable? Thanks, gjmen

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Very good press, hard to put value on it without seeing it. HMB

3. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

I have and use the same loader.
    If he quit shooting 20 yrs ago it is not likely to have the desirable upgrades.

They can be added to the loader but the cost of them would need to be factored into the price of the loader.

The loader if it is complete can be used as is, just desirable to have the later improvements.

How many and what bushings come with the loader?

if you can get $200.00 for it locally, i think that would be a fair price if it is in good operating condition.

ed

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Hornady will "likely" do the upgrades for free - all my presses say Pacific Tool and are from the late 70s - and over the years Hornady has sent me what I needed for the upgrades for free. No promises, of course, but they might.

Does the machine have the blued steel dies at every station?

$200 locally is probably a pretty good price. Maybe a little more if you have quite a few bushings with it.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

These guys are jerking your chain. That machine is virtually worthless. You'd be better off sending it to me on your dime and i'll dispose of it properly. Just let me know when you need my address. :)

6. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Depends on what shape its in I got 1 at a local auction in a bushel basket with nasty warped tubes for 17.50. I spent another 5 bucks on cleaning and lube,$15 on PVC and made my own tubes nI can hold 3pounds of powder and 28pounds of shot. I love the thing for under $40 bucks I am on my over 15000th shell.

I wouldnt take under $200 for mine and its far from new and no upgrades. I would hate to think if upgrades make it better what it would do.

Jerry Lewis

7. new loader

new loader Member

This is an old model, Pacific Gun Sight DL-366 rescued from estate sale. Works good, produces nice shells, but I prefer a Mec.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Jeff, I called about the upgrades to a 366 and they told me it would cost me just under $200.00 for all the upgrades and that covered shipping back to me. Jackie B.

9. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

For $200 I dont know I would have to think bout it and justify something. Either upgrade what I got or sell and buy brand new. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Perhaps just get the parts needed and load shells rather then spend a bundle on reloader as the price of shot is getting high enough to almost buy new.

I make my own shot but even raw lead is harder to find. I wont spend a bunch on new loader.

Just my thoughts.

Jerry Lewis

10. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

You can save on that quote by selecting the most useable parts of the upgrade plan. I started with the spring loaded primer seater and a new platen (shell disc) as mine came bent. I have found that all loaders have quirks but I like my 366.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pacific tool model 366

pacific tools 366 upgrade