1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

pacific loader question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by az outlaw, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

I just inherited (got stuck with) a Pacific dl-155 loader 12 gauge dies and i think some 20 gauge dies (not sure) can anyone tell me what this this is worth? I am going to sell it and dont want it to sit around too long, nor do i want to give it away, any info would be helpful

Thanks in advance

Mark

2. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I have one too. They are useful for sizing and depriming hulls prior to wahing them or doing short runs of hunting loads or loading slugs if you don't want to change the setup on your Progressive.

If you are really lucky you might get $25-50 for it. You'd be better off keeping it for that much since you'll have to hassle with packaging it and none of this is worth messing with for $50 bucks.

I tried to sell mine here and they laughed at me.

Randy

3. Borg

Borg Member

Randy has is about right. I still us a DL-155. It is a very good single stage reloader. I have a second one I bought for parts a year ago on ebey. You won't likely get more than $50, and likely will get less. I think I paid $25 or $30 for my parts unit. If you have a full set of 20ga die I might be interested.

Peter

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Those 155s are a good loader if you don't need a high volume of ammo, they DON'T like steel head promo stuff unless your gun has a very tight chamber. I used one for many years, (still have it with all 5 sets of dies) but do most of my reloading on it's big brother the 266, only because it has better leverage for resizing, used a 366 for a few years ( much faster- 400 to 500 per hr.) but liked the 266 better even though it only cranks out about 100 per hr. I do tend to play with different hulls--components--etc. so that's probably why. If your 155 has the primer feed & an extra set of 20ga. dies it should bring around $50.00 or a little more, you just have to find a guy like me who is not in a big hurry for a 5 gal. bucket of shells. They are very handy if you want to try (experiment)just a few of something new & different, or if you just want to leave it set up for hunting loads. Hope this helps.--Ross Puls

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Ross,

If you reload on a 266 then you can't be all that bad. LOL. I do a lot of reloading on my 266's as I just like the way they work. Besides they just make the prettiest reloads.

Mark,

Your 155 is worth $50 give or take a little.This will depend a little on condition and options like Ross stated.

ss

6. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Short Shucker: NOT to steal this thread but those 266s should be put back into production as they are almost goof proof & the learning curve time is about the best (shortest) of anything on the market. As you said they do make nice reloads, & will load anything you feed them because once you get the "feel" you don't have to worry about different base wads--primer depth--wad pressure--etc. I sold my 366s & kept the 266s. High Volume NO, good shells yes.--Ross Puls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.