1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pacific 366 questions?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I purchased a used Pacific 366 in like new condition in 20 ga and have had a 28 ga for a couple of years but have never used it as I have 8567's and 9000 that I normally use. The one I bought yesterday has a automatic wad swing out for easier loading. The 28ga does not. Is this something that I could upgrade to with the 28. The 20 ga was set up and I was amazed at how smooth it was and will set them up in my shop and try them out. Are there any down sides that I need to worry about? I have an insert that I purchased long time ago that allows me to use mec bushings for powder but I've got to find out about the lead drops. Any informations is appreciated. Thanks for your response. Jackie B.

2. TC

TC TS Member

As I recall, the 366 with the swing out wad guide uses a different base. I think Hornady will upgrade but not sure it is worth messing with in my opinion. Tony

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The swing-out wad guide requires a new bottom platen which also has the shell eject hole. The new base platen also has a built-in (cast) shell plate advance. I had Hornady upgrade mine several years ago. I think the cost was about $40.00 plus shipping. Whatever it was, it was worth it as it is now a "new" reloader with all the new 366 features.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Birddogs, I called for the price of upgrading and including shipping it came to around $180.00. LOL It must have been several years ago when you got it done for $40.00. I believe I will still have it done anyway. Thanks for the responses. Jackie B.

5. Joe O

Joe O Member

I have the same problem here. Someone is always getting Hornady to repair and replace stuff for next to nothing but when I call I'm charged full retail. Don't get me wrong, I've been using a 366 since the 70's and have one in each ga. but I just can't seem to get those great deals that others get here!
    Joe O

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

That's because you are not using the secret password when you call. HMB

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Damn HMB, don't tell everybody about it. We can't tell you anything................

8. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Just saying please works for me. Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.