1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pachmayr or Kick EEZ

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perazzidb81, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perazzidb81

perazzidb81 Member

I am looking to change recoil pads and am wondering what you guys think. The two pads I am looking at is the Kick Eez trap pad or a Pachmayr xlt double mag ultra soft trap pad. Thanks for your input.

2. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

I use Kick Eez's on my field guns, XLT double mags on my trap guns. The XLT makes it much more pleasant to shoot my sbt's.

Kiv

3. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

I have always used kick-ezz but the last two I have cracked within a year. I will probably look at something different next time.

4. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

I always used the Kickez, but was intoroduced to the Pachmayer XLT and will not go back. Use it on many guns and it is a great pad. Very comfortable comfortable and very little recooil. It is the best kept secret out there.

You will not be disappointed.

5. ABH

ABH Member

XLT

ART H.

6. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

i personaly think pachmeyer has the best line of selection. i like the t550 pad. they hold up good and stay soft. jmo. thnks and have a great day howard.

7. nudehunter1

nudehunter1 Member

I'm also interested in changing out recoil pads on my trap guns,I have Kick EEZ currently, my question about Pachmayr pad are the mounting screw holes, I know the Kick EEZ screw right on my Jones type adjustable butt plates, do the Pachmayr have the same scres hole spacing?

8. ABH

ABH Member

Nudehunter1

KickEEZ pads that I have, use the typical 3 and 1/8" spacing between holes. My XLT pad has 3 and 1/4" spacing between holes. I believe this is common spacing for both types of pads.

ART H.

9. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

pads.phphttp://www.lymanproducts.com/lyman/main/

For trap you want to go with the XLT 'Ultra Soft Magnum Trap Pad. It is an awesome pad. You will not be dissapointed. Once the Pachmayr site (Lyman) opens, click on Pachmayr and then recoil pads and then trap pad.

10. teddy34

teddy34 TS Member

Which pad do you recommend for Sporting Clays?
    Gary

11. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

If anyone is interested I have a new Pachmayr XLT recoil pad, large size for sale for $38 shipped. I have a new Pachmayr Classic Trap 550 recoil pad, large size in black, pigeon face for $30 shipped. I have a new Kick-Eez Modified Trap recoil pad that measures 7/8" thick at a point that is half way between the mounting holes for $32 shipped. Please send me a PM with your phone number and address if you are interested. I switched all my guns over to Kick-Eez Rocker pads because I needed more negative pitch. Thanks, Bob

12. hera200

hera200 Member

Bob, how does the rocker pad give you more negative pitch and how well did it handle recoil compared to other pads? Were the pads you have for sale already fitted to your guns and if so couldn't that possibly create a problem refitting to another gun? THANKS......BUD

13. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

Kick Eez are hard to beat for any sport or gun

14. ljuticsscentennialpro

Bud, the 3 pads I have listed above are all NEW. They have never been ground to fit any gun. Since they are all large, they can be ground to fit nearly any standard size gun. The Kick Eez Rocker pads have no protruding toe. They fit my shoulder contour much better than pads with protruding toes, so there is less tendency for the gun to pivot and cant, especially when I'm swinging to the second target in doubles. Since the Kick Eez Rocker pad fits my shoulder contour, it evenly distributes the recoil. A pad with a protruding toe tended to jab me, and there was an open gap between the top of the pad and my shoulder, which resulted in more recoil sensation. Get the pad that best fits your shoulder contour. Bob

15. ABH

ABH Member

Bob, you have a PM.

16. ljuticsscentennialpro

Art, sent you a PM. Pachmayr XLT and Classic Trap 550 sold to Art. New Kick-eez Modified Trap pad still available for $32 shipped. Thanks, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
kick eez recoil pads

kickezz hole spacing

pachmayr 1409 pad
pachmayr kick eez
pachmayr or kick eez recoil pas

pachmayr vs kick easy recoil pads

pachmayr xlt recoil pad

pachmayr xlt trap pad