1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

pacemaker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bluehaze, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluehaze

bluehaze Member

Do any of you shoot with a pacemaker?
    What did the DR. advise? Any problems or concerns?

Thanks

2. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

The only thing I was told is to wait 6 weeks for the pocket to heal before shooting.

However,the pocket can take up to a 1 1/2 years to fully heal and it bugged me big time,so much so that I"m shooting a semi.

It's been 13 months since mine was installed and I started shooting a O/U in skeet about a month back with no problems but I don't shoot skeet near as much as I shoot trap.........and I have a very good relationship going on with my Benelli so I doubt I'll be shooting a O/U in trap any time soon.

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

The Pace Maker is the easiest way out if you can get by with it, but, that's up to your heart dr. I had to have a combo Pace Maker and a Defibrillator to shock me if I get beyond what the PM can do. And believe me if you only need a PM you are one lucky so_. A wall outlet shock is a tickle by comparison.

4. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I remember my dad telling me about his pacemaker going off, he said it was a feeling he never felt before.

If I were you and wanted to shoot get a semi auto and light loads be nice to yourself, and continue to try to enjoy life.

Good Luck Jerry

5. redbone99

redbone99 Member

I've shot trap for about 4 yrs. Pacemaker is implanted on my left side and I'm right hand shooter.

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'm like redbone99; pacemaker on the left and right handed. When I went in for the surgery, I didn't even think to ask about the situation and afterwards, the doc said to go ahead and shoot, I did. Not sure I'd even want to shoot with the butt on the device??.....breakemall

7. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

bluehaze

Where are you from?

I was told today that a shooter from my range in Alaska had one installed this past week.

8. willing

willing Member

I've been shooting with one for 3 years. I told the Md that I was a shooter and he told me to wait 3 weeks so that the wires imbeded would be firmly in place. the only time I have felt anything is when the Md did some adjustments. At last checkup the Md said it was good for 7 more years. I asked about a replacement and he laughed. I am 80;.

bill

9. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

my father-in-law had his put on opposite shoulder for shooting

kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.