1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pacemaker and Trapshooting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RBK, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RBK

RBK TS Member

I am having a pacemaker implanted today and was wondering what problems if any other shooters have had with pacemakers and shooting. I shoot left hand so pacemaker willbe implanted on my right.
    Thanks for any info you can give me Rick

2. RBK

RBK TS Member

I am having a pacemaker implanted today and was wondering what problems if any other shooters have had with pacemakers and shooting. I shoot left hand so pacemaker willbe implanted on my right.
    Thanks for any info you can give me Rick

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

After the healing process dictated by your doctor there are no restrictions. Make SURE you specify again and again the shoulder where you want the implant.

I had a defibrillator/pacer implanted 10 years ago. I am right handed and I told the docs that it HAD to be in my left side. The docs told me that sometimes that could be difficult and that they *might* have to use the right shoulder. I told him I wouldn't sign a release unless my stipulations were followed. My doc grumbled a bit but sure enough it ended up in the correct place.

Don't worry, it's not a big deal.

Cheers,

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.