1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

pa. western zone shoot way down

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

yes, the shoot was way down. looks like about 15/17 squads. gas and lead is hurting the sport. how was the pa western zone shoot. If the same happens at the grand will be finished by noon.

2. LOWGUN

LOWGUN TS Member

I'm sure Clairton put on a good show. I heard they didn't even have the kitchen open. The club is about done for. Mike

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

they did the best the could but weather sucked. kitchen was open.

4. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

Sorry to hear the West was down. The East was down if you compare it to 2 years ago at Elysburg. I think they had a total of 220/sing, 160/dbl and 200/hdcp. So overall not to bad, even with some very rough weather. The west fluctuates alot from year to year depending on where it's at though? This week at the Keystone will be a true test of where the sport is heading. Overall I think the mid to large clubs will be ok, it's the smaller clubs and shoots which will suffer, till we adjust back to the reality that this has always been an expensive sport. The days of cheap shells is over and it will take some time, but I'll be the first positive thinker and say the sport will be fine, but it's inevitable that we will lose some working class shooters.

Jeff

5. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

The zone shoots are too damn early. This year, and last, the weekend of the Western Zone it's been cool and VERY windy.

Thanks to the Grand (which no one in PA gives two shits about anymore), PSSA is jamming all their big shoots in between early May and July 4th. Two months, of which, only one month can you be pretty sure of decent weather. I'd like to see the zone shoots in early June, the Keystone in late June, the PA Grand on 4th of July weekend, the Colonial Classic and PA state shoot in late July, and the Eastern Zone in early August. If any of them interfere with the Grand, who cares? We can't arrange our shoots around a shoot three states and a 12 hour drive away that no one from our state goes to anymore.

And BTW Jeff, incase you haven't noticed, most western PA shooters are working class shooters! If you loose us, you loose trap on this side of the state. Now, I know we don't even rate having our zone shoot's scores on the PSSA website like the Eastern Zone, but we do matter when it comes to the health of trap in PA.

~Michael

6. Old Ranger

Old Ranger Member

Actually, Clairton did a pretty fine job in preparing their club for the shoot. The grounds were spotless, and the trap machines were all tuned and throwing the best birds I've seen there in the seven years I've shot there, in spite of the rain, hail and wind.

They had tent shelters set up at strategic spots along the line, water at every station (and, no, I don't mean the rain and hail). They had plenty of trap boys, member helpers, AND folks who knew how to keep the Pat machines running perfectly.

This club has struggled over the last seven years, losing its trap prominence to the skeet, rifle, and handgun shooters, but last Sunday, THEY STEPPED UP.

Thanks for doing a great job Clairton.

7. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Congratulations and good shooting to Andy (Western Zone)!!!!

8. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

As old ranger said Clairton did a nice job. alot of the credit goes to the president. Tom Jack. he worked his but off for this shoot. and so did a few others from the club. and as recurvy said Andy Zborovsky shot very well.
    the weather was terrible. high winds and rain.

9. k80bav

k80bav Member

Hey guys how about a congratulations to Joe Prestia of Eastern Penna, broke the only 200 on Saturday. (His first)

10. AZ

AZ Member

Everyone did the best that could have been done with the terrible weather ! Tom M. Was everywere as was everyone else keeping things rolling I for one am glad I went .. Thanx recurvyarcher And a BIG CONGRATS to Joe Prestia!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pa western zone trapshooting

when will pa announce when the pa easter and wester zone trapshoots will be shot