1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PA State shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Lambert, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Lambert

Jim Lambert Member

Last Thursday at the Pennsylvania State Shoot my talented friend and shooting buddy, John Thomas Spangler, had the day of his life when he won, in a shoot off, the K-80 Trap special after the Krieghoff Handicap event. Today on the last day of the PA state shoot, in a shoot off, he won the PA state Handicap Championship event #21....Go to www.rjstuart.com/........... Excellent J.T. Your Friend, Crazy Chester

2. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Congrats to your friend on the win. Ask him if he knows Rick Daily?

FRedmon

3. dennis p

dennis p Member

Congrats! Did he use the gun he won on friday to win the handicap on sunday? Dennis P

4. Jim Lambert

Jim Lambert Member

No, he's still "Dancin' with the Girl that brung him!" Beretta UGB Xcel Semi.
    The K-80 is probably in his house resting in a place of honor guarded by a squad of Marines..

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

It is even more amazing when you consider the point that John only entered two events during the entire tournament--the Krieghoff Handicap, and the Handicap Championship and won both shoot offs.

I had the fortune in being in a shoot off for non-res 8th place in Sunday's Hcp Championship. Unlike John, I had a melt-down and lost miserably.

Congratulations,

Guy Babin

6. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I'm amazed he did not have to shoot penalty yardage -

7. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

PSSA shoot book states a total of 1500 targets (during the current and two previous years) are required to stay out of the penalty box

8. PHILFIRST

PHILFIRST TS Member

Guy, Sorry we missed your shoot off. Still had to shoot great to get there.when are you heading to Millington? Butch and I will be there Thursday,let me know. Phil

9. trappypappy

trappypappy Member

Two Dollar Pistol

How many entries were in the Krieghoff event ?

And - WOW, What a Win!!

We need to rub his head before the next shoot we enter.
    I don't think we will win a Krieghoff, though.

Trappypappy

10. RemT

RemT TS Member

J.T. is a gentlemen first and a great trap shooter. He's also a great pilot and golfer too. Congrats J.T. from your friends, Gordon and Butch.

11. seitz245

seitz245 TS Member

so why was he not penalized?

12. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Could he be a Senior Veteran? As I recall, SV's are exempt from target minimums.

Ed

13. zinger

zinger Member

I was the referee on the trap he shot off for the Kreighoff and it was the mid yardage trap so I know for a fact he was not on the 20yd line when he shot for the gun. RJ Stuart's site listed him as getting a yard punch from the 20yd line for Sunday's handicap? The ATA website shows him to only have 700 lifetime targets before the shoot. Either way it was good shooting & congrats

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Oh oh, the program stated the target minimum requirements for this shoot. Obviously, someone made the decision to ignore the program and make up another set of rules. I personally know other shooters who encountered the same changes. Although target minimums aren't always good for attendance, this decision sure bit someone in the a--. Time for a full scale investigation!!

15. RemT

RemT TS Member

He got in the remaining targets he needed just weeks before the shoot. Gordon

16. oleolliedawg

RemT, the program states "Handicap-A minimum of 1,500 registered targets during the current target year and the two previous years". "In Handicap, a shooter with insufficient targets will be penalized two yards beyond his ATA yardage with a minimum of 23 yards".

Shooter in question has only a total of 1,000 lifetime Handicap targets!!

17. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

It's possible he got his necessary targets in between 06/05 and the end of the Colonial Classic portion of the state shoot. The ATA Shooter Information Center doesn't have scores after 06/05/2010 posted yet, so his 2010 target count on that site for handicap may not be accurate. And one of the clubs where he shot this target year, Allegheny, at least used to host marathons every Saturday, so it's very possible he had them in before the handicap events he shot in at the state shoot.

Ed

18. nomoloscofoso

nomoloscofoso Member

OK OK!! Do ya really think Frank Pascoe and crew would not catch the target requirement?????

19. RemT

RemT TS Member

Oleo, Between 6/6 and 6/13 he attended 3 marathon shoots, my grandson shot 300 with him in one of them. I hope this clears this up. Gordon

20. oleolliedawg

Well Gordon, that is great news if factual. I'm sure the investigation will clarify this individual shot 500 more qualifying targets in one week before the State Shoot!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.