1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pa State Shoot HCP Bird Requirement.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by -3200, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -3200

-3200 TS Member

I would like to know For Sure how many HCP birds a person needs to shoot the Pa State Shoot and not penalized. There seems to be serveral differant opinions.
    One person told me that it is 1000 birds, another said that he thinks that it may be 2000 birds. If somone could look at the State program and let me know , I wiould really appreiate the correct answer. I am a new shooter this year and donot want to drive a long distance and find out that I will be required to shoot penalty 25 Yd.

Thanks -3200

2. AlanM

AlanM Member

"Handicap-A minimum of 1500 registered targets during the current target year and the two previous years, 500 of which must have been shot after September 1, 2006, to avoid the penalty class."

This is taken directly from the program book. Hope this helps.

Alan

3. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Per the 2007 PA Shoot Program for: Colonial Classic, State Shoot, PA Grand

16 Yards - A minimum of 1500 registered targets during the current target year and the two previous years, 500 of which must have been shot after September 1, 2006, to avoid the penalty class.

Handicap - A minimum of 1500 registered targets during the current target year and the two previous years, 500 of which must have been shot after September 1, 2006, to avoid the penalty yardage.

So if I am reading this correct if this is my first year ATA, as it is, no matter how many targets I have shot this year i will be given penalty yardage. I need at least three years ATA with 1500 targets the first two years and 500 the third year not to be penalized. So were talking 3500 minimum not to be penalized?

So the 1500 16 yard targets shot will do me no good this year and next year.

Please someone tell me I am reading this wrong. I drove all over the place trying to get enough targets no to be penalized. Hell, I couldn't buy HDCP targets this year. More than once I waited around to see if there would be enough people to shoot handicaps and either they didn;t have enough or I would have to wait another 2 hours because of yardage. It was a total waste of time. There are no Handicap marathons either. I can live with the 3 yard penalty but being bumped to AA from B is tough to swallow. Hell I pretty much know going into the PA shoot i have to shoot a 100 to get into a shoot off but now bumped up to AA i have to shoot 100 plus another 100 in shootoffs or 2. Well... that ain't going to happen. Its the reason I am in B class.

I guess any more targets past 1500 per year does me no good for avoiding penalties.

Someone tell me I am reading this wrong.

4. 682LINY

682LINY Member

yes you are reading it wrong,,,the thing about the years before means you need at least 1500 targets ,,,,they can be spread out over 3 yrs if at least 500 are from this year,,,than you can use the years before,,,if you have 1500 since sept 1 2006 you are good to go,,,,I got there last year 100 birds short,,,shot penelty first round of caps,,,than was moved to proper yardge

5. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

YOU DA MAN!!!

Thanks for clarifying it for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.