1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PA STATE SHOOT best place to stay close

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FLIP, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLIP

FLIP Member

printed all the places from the PSSA sight,looking for good experiences and bad, Thanks

2. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Hampton Inn or the Quality Inn & Suites in Danville

3. FLIP

FLIP Member

I do not see a Quality Inn & Suites in Danville,shows one in Bloomsburg,how close to the shoot are they?

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Pine Barn Inn. Best kept secret. Great food and cold beer on tap!!

5. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Link for the Quality Inn in Danville ^^ ... use Google

Carol Lister

6. FLIP

FLIP Member

Thank you Carol

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I like it over (west of) in Selinsgrove/Sunbury...more restaurants and a easy run to & from the club.

Curt

8. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

Plum Pudding Inn right in Elysburg. 5 mins from PSSA and they treated me like family. Nice people, nice room and great food. I highly recommend them. Al

9. FLIP

FLIP Member

Plum Pudding Inn looked very old school

10. gus in philly ata57

gus in philly ata57 TS Member

Glossr Inn not nice but close.

11. mis-some

mis-some TS Member

You will love the PSSA shoots. Well run, friendly folks, great competition and great targets. I have a site up there and my wife and I love the place. Danville is 10 miles from the club with many places to stay and good places to eat. Please come to a shoot and you will be hooked. Hope to see you there.

12. FLIP

FLIP Member

sory Glossr Inn not nice!! IS OUT stayed at the SPARTA INN I sleeped in the truck.I Thank You wcgcguy not one person warned me about the sparta inn, live and learn,

13. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

What, bad reviews for the Glosser-Hilton. Hard to believe. Obviously no one has seen the pool or the workout center. I know it's there since the roaches must use it to help obtain their huge size.

I look forward to my annual stay at The Grosser but I do use a ton of athlete's foot medicine.

Last year my bedspread had cigarette burns on it.

It is, however, convenient.

14. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Jerry, that sounds like the EconoLodge in North Dayton where I stayed a few times. Walking to the bathroom in your bare feet reminded you of the beach and the used condoms in the parking lot gave the whole place a real homey feel. But it was 10 minutes from the Grand and for $38 a night, well...

Ed

15. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

LOL Ed. Yes every year people ask me where I'm staying for the Elysburg shoots and I tell them I'm going camping, just happens to be in a Motel room.

I don't think the clientèle at The Chez-Glossser use condoms. At least there is evidence on the walls that they don't.

When I first enter my room and savor the aroma the thing that really gives me a laugh is the paper sterility strip on the toilet. Like why bother? I know the truth.

But it IS close to the shoot and I figure that if I don't win a trophy at the shoot I'm sure to go home with something, hopefully easily curable, from The Glosser.

16. FLIP

FLIP Member

OK!OK! you guys are bringing back nightmares,that is why I am asking for good places to stay. Thanks Flip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.