1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PA STATE SHOOT ATENDENCE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by A CHANCE, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A CHANCE

A CHANCE TS Member

Do you think it is up or down?

2. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

From the number of answers..........

AJ100

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I haven't been there, so I can't comment from first-hand expereince. But friends tell me it is down, however I haven't heard any concrete numbers as far as how much. That's actually to be expected, I think, due to the inflated cost of fuel and ammunition compared to years past. I know several shooters who are planning a visit but aren't going to shoot.

Ed

4. acre44

acre44 Member

It is down by as much as 20% in some events so far. They even changed the program in the class singles on Thursday from a 10 target per post to a standard 5 targets due to the low number of squads, around 180, not all full and big gaps between some squads.

5. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Here is a way to take a guess. If you go to RJ Stuart, you can look up payouts from last year and compare with this year. Yes, I know that not everyone puts money into the options, but you can get a feel for how much attendance is down. Take event 13 - class singles. Last year, 341 people played the Lewis on the 200. This year only 277 played that option. The other number is on the score board. It gives the total number of shooters. Last year, the total number was 2,219. Through Thursday this year, the number is 1,361.

6. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Always a great shoot. Had a good time seeing alot of ole friends and breakin some targets. puablo

7. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

According to their own statistics they were down 40,000 targets for the preliminary events. It was almost unbearably hot, so although the number of campers would suggest otherwise, participation was not there.

Wed and Thu of this week were down a little, IMO. I finished about the same time. Shoot offs took about as long. I'd say participation on those two days was a little bit down. They modified the program to 5 per post, 50 per trap, and eliminated the requirement to bring 50 shells to the line with you. That should tell you something about expectations vs. reality.

Today was a mob scene. I'd tell you about the number of squads but it would be BS. As per last year, they kept adding squads after the "close" and kept doubles shooters waiting an extra hour and a half while the late comers finished shooting the Kreighoff Handicap. I'm not going to enumerate the failures, but three years in a row suggests to me that what is a normally excellently run shoot falls apart during this Kreighoff handicap, so I'm going to sit out Fridays next year.

They announced several times today that the program (10 per post) had been changed for tomorrow. That tells me there will not be the participation they planned for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.