1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pa Sen.Casey has to GO

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Danny B, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny B

Danny B TS Member

Posted under shooting related because of his flip-flop on gun issues!!!!"In December, he reversed his position on gun control, calling for stricter laws regulating gun ownership." Now......After reconsidering his long-held opposition to same-sex marriage, U.S. Senator Bob Casey Jr. released a statement Monday that he now supports gay marriage and the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act, or DOMA. I hope all Pa gun owners and shooters of the gun sports remember this turn coat come the time to re-elect or elect another Pa Senator................"run'em"

2. TjayE

TjayE Member

Thank you Danny for the info on Casey. Are you back home in PA ?

3. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Yes, when you are as full of S**T as Flippy (or without his Vi**ra, it might be Floppy) is, you really do have to go! Preferably as far away and and fast as possible as can be arranged! His spine is not the only thing that is soft! His head matches the softest marshmallow you could ever find!

4. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Casey goes to where ever he can get the votes shitting on the US Constitution.

He's a tool and making an emotional response. Just what we need in leadership, emotional responses.

Yes, i am a proud Pennsylvanian where the state believes in the 2nd amendment. Not a huge supporter of the Gov. but when asked about gun laws, he said "we have enough gun laws" and that was it.

If I could give Philadelphia to New Jersey and Chester to Delaware I would do it in a second.

Casey is gone when up for reelection and he can take nutball Nutter with him.

5. broadway john

broadway john Well-Known Member

Keep Philly we don't want it either!!!

6. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Typical Politician! He flip flopped thru his career like all the others. But don't blame him for being reelected. Come voting time, people forget. Can't fix STUPID

7. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Wrong section; should be in politics.

That said, FYI - I had a face to face conversation with PA Senator Casey last year during the PA HR bill 2224 issue. (this is where PA was trying to change the PA law process that protected public land, parks, and open space from sale that would have affected many PA gun clubs & their buffer zones. There are threads here in TS and many TS members created lots of activity).

Casey was quite intetested to hear about the pending change of 2224, and I believe he may have reached out to some of the right people in PA to help get that bill squashed.

Casey's father was PA Gov. from Scranton and was gun, hunting and conservation advocate for sportsman, and was instrumental in a bill that protected existing shooting clubs from local municipalities and neighbors from taking action against them for noise and other shooting activity. Many PA clubs & sportsman owe a lot to the Casey family & their support of sportsman and shooters in PA.

As to the 'flip flop' comments, let those among you who have never changed their mind, throw the first stone. Ronald reagan was a orginally a Democrat Labor Union President, remember him? I know, many will say, well Bob Casey is no RR.

If you have never changed your mind or position on anything in your life, maybe you aren't listening.

Jack in PA

8. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I don't recall changing my mind on issues after listening to the explanations. I have asked, tell me something that would change my mind that sticks with morals, etics, common sense and honesty. Hasn't happened yet. Bill

9. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Casey lost any support I would have had for him last summer when, after a rather abuseful encounter with TSA in Orlando, I sent postal mail to both Senators Casey and Toomey and Rep. Mike Kelly. The responses were enlightening. This is the same TSA staff that only a few weeks later was headlined on national television news coverage for thefts, and other mis-behaviors.

Kelly's office replied in a couple of weeks with a boilerplate type letter that did not address the issues I raised and basically told me, in effect, how tough a job TSA has in trying to protect us and I should be happy for their efforts. I think Kelly's office subcontracted the letter response to the TSA pr office.

After about a month, Toomey's office replied to me directly addressing the issues I raised in my letter and enclosed the replies their office had received from both the Washington HQ of Homeland Security and the Orlando TSA manager in response to my letter which Toomey's office had forwarded to them. It was much more on point and respectful than Kelly's response.

Now comes Flippy's response. It only took him almost three months to reply and his reply did not address a single issue I raised, was written in an arrogant and condescending manner, and read like it was even more written by the TSA's entire advertising department. Casey's reply did make an impression on me. The impression is that he has no idea of what he was even responding too nor did he have any cares at all about the issues raised. It was a truly artistic piece of outright BS! My only regret in writing to him is that now I can expect to be bombarded by all the campaign BS he will send out, at taxpayers expense by using his franking privilege, trying to convince me of how good a job is is doing (NOT!!!) in representing the voters of PA. It won't work!

10. nomoloscofoso

nomoloscofoso Member

Yep, he also voted to turn your gun rights over to the UN, found in the political section below

11. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

While any comments to remove him (or anybody) are important and may result in his 'go' ing.....let's ask

will the replacements for any candidates assure you of being favorable to sportsman or from a hunting area like NE PA?

if you get Casey out, can you be SURE his replacment is better for gun owners or shooter or hunters in PA??

In PA is it likely that any new Senate candidate will come from Philly, Pittsburgh or another highly populated urban voter area, not Scranton or the Pike/Wayne/Lakawanna regionm which has a rich hunting and shooting tradition and population.

Do folks think a candidate from Philadelphia will be more aligned with your positions & choice of recreation? Not likely.

js in PA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.