1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PA Hunting License need to wear on back going away

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by pyrdek, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Bill ends need for Pennsylvania hunters to wear back tags

From staff reports

Last changed: November 17. 2011 12:31AM

HARRISBURG -- The requirement that Pennsylvania hunters wear back tags will soon be a thing of the past. The state Senate passed the repeal by a vote of 46 to 3.

The sponsor, York Republican Rep. Keith Gillespie, said 48 other states have done away with the mandate. He calls it an outdated inconvenience.

The bill is on Gov. Tom Corbett's desk. His office says he intends to sign it into law.

The Pennsylvania Game Commission supports the change, saying hunters sometimes lose their licenses as they walk through thick underbrush. The state's hunting licenses were redesigned a few years ago, making them easier to store in a wallet.

URL for the original posting from the Erie Daily Times. Click Here

2. Snowjet

Snowjet Member

Did they the law, so you can hunt on Sundays in PA.

3. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Yup...but when does it go into effect? No vote on Sunday hunting yet.

Vern

4. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

The Sunday hunting law currently is unchanged. Hearings took place but so far I have not seen or heard of any action that would change the current status.

Incidentally, there are a few animals that can be hunted in PA on a Sunday but they are not the small game or big game animals normally associated with hunting by the general public. Foxes, crows and coyotes can be legally hunted, with the proper hunting license, on Sundays.

5. kenf

kenf Active Member

I myself was wondering what the law was on this matter since it does not state on the license or the advertisements given to you with the license. I do remember the old back tags stating to display in the middle of the back.

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. 48 other states, you do not need a back tag? Wisconsin must be the other that requires it. I am going to have to call Gov. Walker, and see what he can do.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    No hunting on Sundays is one of the old "Blue Laws" that enforce religious standards.

Hunters in PA should proceed by first requesting the game department work towards eliminating this religious based law as it violates the separation of church and state.

8. Snowjet

Snowjet Member

Wait a minute, Obama said we have 57 states.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

do you have to wear pa hunting lisence

must pa hunting lisence be worn on back

pa hunting regulations about wearing hunting license on back

wearing of hunting license in pennslyvania