1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Pa. House Bill 760

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BATTLIN MINER, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BATTLIN MINER

BATTLIN MINER TS Member

Anyone have news about this bill?

2. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

Many threads on this, search. $10 dollars per yr per per gun and it gets worse. Contact State rep in Pa.

3. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

It was in our local paper today. This Bill 760 is absolutely Whack-O. It was proposed by 6 Democrates both from Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. It calls for a registration fee of $10/weapon per year, state police finger printing, pictures,a time period to notify state police before the sale of a weapon and notification after a sale. If you don't registar then the state police can come in a confiscate all guns. Punishable with fines and jail terms. It did go on to say that it doesnt have much support among other legislators but everyone is encouraged to write to their respected legislators. I also ask that everyone of us write to our Penna. Legislators in reguards to this.

4. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

This Bill violates the Pennsylvania Constitution:

"The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be questioned."

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

They (Communists) want to change our state constitution because its outdated. It was brought up last night at our club membership meeting. We are chartering a bus for the April 24th. ralley in Harrisburg, Pa. Our club of 350 members is 100% registered to vote, and NRA members.

George

6. pahunter1

pahunter1 TS Member

This is just my thinking on the Pa. House Bill 760. IT IS WRONG! I do not think it is up to just Pa. gun owners to contact Pa. State Reps. We as guns owners through out the U.S. should get involved in this bill. Pa, Ill, Calif. who's next. The saying goes> (((United we stand divided we fall))) If anybody has Email addresses for Pa.Reps. Please post them. I truely believe this is something we should take a stand in. Keep this post at the top to get as many readers as possible. Your voice added to others can make a difference. It is time to let the politician's know that they work for us. There pay is paid by us. I hope that everyone reading this feels the same way and not depend on just a few to act for all of us. Thank You and I hope I made some sense. ED

7. Mac V

Mac V Guest

This is a legacy of the Rendell mayoral tenure in Philthydelphia. He spent so much time/money pandering to the lard-butts in Philly and Pittsburgh that they now fingure they own him and expect him to solve their social problems (and all the offshoots thereof) by enacting any legislation that might be even remotely related to the symptoms of their lack of control and leadership. The sponsors of this bill think that any form of gun control just has to make their cities safer. They're desperate and their grasping at any straw they can reach even if it means running over everyone else in the state.

8. joshif

joshif TS Member

The voters were warned about the Democrats wanting to shit on their gun rights the last election but the Democrats got in anyway. Diana Irey and Rick Santorum,2 strong gun rights advocates from Western Pa. got shut out.That Mutha,Murtha got back in too!Dumb ass's. I wonder how many democratic votes got bought from free pick up service and chicken dinners from the Hill in Pittsburgh. It happened before! That's how Edward G. Robinson,I mean Rendell and Al Bore I mean Gore won Pittsburgh. I don't know if they handed out ribs or chicken in Philthy.Maybe both.Plus Colt 45!The dumb union jerks vote democrat because they "can't eat their guns"! And they lose their jobs anyway! Ha Ha.The dumb ass's will give up their guns and just wait until the Bloods and Cripps come out of the cracks. Call Fast Eddie and your union B.A. They'll help you.Yeah,right! Some smaller towns here have NO police. No funds. State police on once in a while patrol. LOL I hope the democrats get hit first. Listen to the cry's....Somebody help me. I'm armed and PISSED!Senator Sphincter,er Spector..got an ear full.

9. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Can you imagine anyone having the audacity to write legistlation what would require us to pay and register to be able to have our Constitutional Rights of freedom of speech, religion, assembly, press, jury trial, etc, etc, etc.? Why on earth do they think it would be okay to do the same thing with our Right to bear arms?

Even though from everything I've heard this Bill is going to go nowhere, we need to be vigilant, and contact our state reps. Even more importantly, we need to contact our state reps and let them know we are against a one handgun a month law. Of all the anti gun garbage that is popping up out of Filthy and Harrisburg lately, that is the one that probably has the greatest chance of passing, and we need to fight it tooth and nail.

Michael

10. rumplestilskin

rumplestilskin TS Member

This is a letter from Tim Seip, PA. State Rep. for Berks and Schuylkill counties.

Seip seeks to protect gun owners' rights

A growing number of you have contacted me voicing your disapproval of House Bill 760, which would unfairly target law-abiding gun enthusiasts with annual fees and complicated procedures. I want to take this opportunity to tell you that I am on your side.

Any legislation which seeks to impose restrictions on gun owners, whether through fees, limits or registration, clearly goes against Article I, Section 21 of the Pennsylvania Constitution which states that "the right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

As your representative and a gun enthusiast, I assure you that I will do everything within my power to defeat this bill and turn the focus toward better enforcing our current laws regarding criminals and weapons.

If you have questions on this or any other topic, feel free to contact me on my Web site or in my constituent service offices. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.