1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

pa all state teams

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmOU, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

Do league targets that you have registered count towards making the all state team? Thanks!

2. zinger

zinger Member

you can email Frank Pascoe, our delegate. His email can be found on the ATA website. I know league targets count for lifetime accumulation, but not sure about the state team. As long as you shot the 400 championship targets at the state shoot and have the required amount, you should be good to go..but, I'd check to be sure.

3. ljsbaldwin

ljsbaldwin TS Member

PA All State team requirements can be found on the pssa website: pssatrap.org

Basically there is a minimum number of targets: singles, handicap, doubles for each category of shooter (men, women, juniors, vet, sr vt, etc.) and included in those minimums are HAA targets from the prior year's pa state shoot (Fridays doubles, saturday's 200 singles and sunday's handicap).

The PSSA takes a shooter's averages for singles, caps and doubles and averages those averages, providing a shooter's composite. The 20 shooters with the highest composite scores are named to the team (10 on the first team and 10 on the second team), provided they meet the minimum target requirements and have shot the HAA at the state shoot.

So in answer to your question regarding league targets: if they are ATA registered targets, then they have been figured into your average and will count toward consideration in team selection.

4. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I believe that as long as i have my target requirements, i'm pretty much garaunteed a spot on the JR/sub-JR pa all state team. My problem is i have only 1600 regular registered singles targets and 575 league targets that i have registered. My league targets, atleast from what the shooter informatuion center says, are not included in my total targets for this year; they only show up in my lifetime target count. my ata # is 0760312 if you want to look up my target totals for this year to see what i mean.

I guess it looks like i may have to get busy registering 400 more targets!

5. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

jbmou,

I don't think they count towards the yearly targets for the state team, so I think you need to go to a few more registered shoots. I always wondered what good it was to register targets in a league other than lifetime target amounts. Anyone know???

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Justin- They assist in attaining 100,000 target pins for singles, handicap and doubles. They can also count toward minimum target requirements for larger shoots.

Pat Ireland

7. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Ahhh, thanks, Pat, I always wondered what the point was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.