1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P/W Primer Tray Feed Solver - Picture

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whiz white, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Here's an item that I have talked about previously, but I think it has gone unnoticed. I am reposting this because it is such a cheap and simple solution to the often discussed problem of having to tap the primer feed track.

These are $13.00, and are a bolt-right-on add on. Here is one pictured on the Patriot has a standard item, but it easily adapts to ALL of P/W progressives.

[​IMG]

Whiz White

2. paul7177

paul7177 Member

This is my solution for my Patriot. A vibrator motor attached to the bottom of the tray, and a momentary push button switch with a 9V battery. All for about $20 off eBay.

When the primers do not feed, I just press the switch for a few seconds and all is well.

I find the tapper a poor way to unjam the primers. Does not work half the time at best.

Paul

[​IMG]

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I don't know about you gimmick lovers ... but a couple of taps with my finger will get them moving again.

Fingers are never misplaced and don't need batteries or wires.

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

It's the principle of the thing, Ahab...

Man employs his superior intellect and technology to do battle with the laws of the universe and devise exquisitely complex solutions to absurdly simple problems (or is it absurdly complex solutions to exquisitely simple problems?).

Anyway...it's what sets us apart from (but not necessarily above) monkeys and apes, dontcha know!

<center>
    [​IMG]
    </center>

Versatile tool this... use it unadorned as is or saddle it with $20 worth of mechanical and electrical complexity to accomplish the same thing. Interesting!

Keller

5. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Ahab, tap, tap,,,,tap,,tap, tap, tap , tap ,tap, #%!!*!, tap, #$%&*!,tap!!!

6. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Sure, I buy the battery powered one for a lot more than that, and THEN you post this. What a guy!

Rick in MT

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

8. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

Okay, you showed your fixes, I will show you mine. It really works well. It works so well I sometimes get a floor full of primers. As you can see, I have emptied the primer tray. BUT, it works -------------- :) Bob

[​IMG]

9. SBray

SBray Active Member

Smithy47

Thanks for adding some humour to this thread, even though the others had some well thought out solutions.

Steve

10. whiz white

What'd the hammer cost you?

WW ;-)

11. whiz white

Tell you what would be a helluva money maker for someone: invent an IR switch using something of the likes of the Staples <i>"That was easy!"</i> hand button, only make it MUTE the damn television during commercials, and then smack it again to return to normal programming.

I'd love to have that right next to my easy chair for every commercial that (1) comes up all too often, and (2) raises the noise level.

[​IMG]

Whiz

12. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Whiz, I have that button, but it is the 4x speed on my DVR...can't remember the last time I watched a show live. Even if I want to watch it the same night, it starts recording and if an hour show I start watching it 20 minutes late....I catch up to it live right at the end.

13. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

Whiz, I had the hammer just sitting around doing nothing useful-------

Sorry Whiz, I could not help it. Your gizmo, knowing you, is well made and works but the devil made me hang that dang hammer (actually it is a mallet). Regards, Bob

14. whiz white

Smith47: I knew you were kidding. And, actually, I got such a laugh out of it, I thought I'd throw one your way. I am still laughing. Was actually going to ask the length of the string!!!

You're OK!

Whiz

15. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Smith47,

A technical question for you. I understand the device and its implication(s), but...

Is that a form of 'impact adjustment,' or is it 'percussive maintenance??'

Further, that hammer looks awfully small for the task at hand - might a heavier (and properly metal one) be more reliable?

16. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

HSLDA,
    Unfortunately the impact adjustment is pretty coarse, BUT if you will notice, the angle of the dangle is very precise.
    Also, I tried a smaller hammer but it did not adequately address the proper frustration factor.
    Best regards to all, Bob

17. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The electronic vibrator Whiz sells, works great. And easy to install.

18. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

If I was to invent a electronic vibrator to make money it would not be for a primer tray I'll tell you that!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.