1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P/W Praise for Parts Shipment

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mkstephen, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

After reading Whiz White's description of a new P/W powder gear with 'O'rings for fine grain powder I decided to order two of the new gears along with other needed parts.

I contacted Bruce at P/W and he took my order on Friday November 20th. On Monday November 23rd I received the order via USPS (three days including the weekend).

Upon viewing the contents I realized that the powder gears that P/W sent me were the old style gears. I called P/W on Tuesday November 24th and notified Jan of the mix up. Jan transferred me to Bruce and I said that I received all of the parts I ordered but one of them was apparently wrong.

Bruce said "it's the powder gears isn't it? I realized the error after the shipment was made. You hold on to the ones I sent you previously and I have two of the correct powder gears headed your way."

On Wednesday November 25th (today) I received them in the mail (five days total including the weekend after I placed the original order).

I've owned P/W loaders for the last 30 years but this is the best service I've received from any merchant.

Thanks Bruce, Jan, and the folks at P/W

Michael Stephenson

2. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

What is the difference between the old style and new style powder gears? I checked their web site but found nothing on powder gears. Thanks,

Dale

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

The PW factory will promptly send the parts you request, if they make a mistake they will quickly rectify the problem. If you describe your problem to Whiz White or Jim Cunningham, they will send you the parts you need. A few months ago I ordered a part from Whiz ($1.50 bushing that rotates my PW 2000) and got not only sent the bushing but another part he said I needed. Whiz was right. He knew what I needed without me telling him.

Pat Ireland

4. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Dale,

The new style powder gear is not on their web-site you have to ask for it specifically when you order.

On the bottom of the powder gear is a counter-bore around the drop hole that accepts a 'O'ring. This 'O'ring prevents fine grain powder, Clay Dot, PB, etc., from migrating out around the powder shut off.

I didn't know about it until I saw a posting by Whiz White. I asked P/W when I called and "yep we got em".

BTW: I purchased some of their FLAIRING collars (I have all four gauges), which is on their web-site, that go around the primer knock out. They enlarge the previous open crimp and allow easier wad insertion.

Michael Stephenson

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

This is what it is.

WW

6. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Thanks for the information. PM sent to Whiz.

Dale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.