1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P/W Patriot Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ChetH, Sep 9, 2013.

1. ChetH

ChetH Member

Hi,

I have a P/W Patriot and am unsure as to the proper way to change the shot and powder bushings. The top plate has some access holes that you might think were designed for this purpose, but the owners manual is silent on the whole subject. Any hints?

chet

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

take the plugs out of the base and rotate the thing until the bushings clear, they shoudl lift out for change

3. Rubicon_Joey

Rubicon_Joey Active Member

You should also note the little warning about not removing them with your finger. It really wasn't particularly apparent to me why until I bumped the handle on my 800+ while it was in the down position and it shot back up, with quite a bit of force I might ad. Could potentially cause some damage if your finger was in a bushing. I use a bolt to pull my bushings out for this reason and the fact that my fingers are too fat to pull them out. Just stick the bolt in the bushing, tilt the bolt sideways and pull up. The threads on the bolt grab the bushing better than my finger can.

4. paul7177

paul7177 Member

I just take the linkage pin out and manually slide the bar until the bushings line up with the holes and pull them out. Really simple.

5. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

Also I might add shut the powder and shot off.

6. paul7177

paul7177 Member

The shot and powder drops are case activated.

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Paul, does that mean they are empty or full and just not activated when a case isn't present?

8. Rubicon_Joey

Rubicon_Joey Active Member

Case activated shot and powder drops means if there isn't a shell in the station the powder (or shot) will not drop. Keeps you from dumping powder or shot all over the place at time likes this or other times where you might not have a shell in the shell holders but need to pull the handle.