1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P/W Patriot and the Shell Feed System

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by captainkac, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainkac

captainkac TS Member

Does anyone out there have a P/W Patriot loader set up with the shell feed system? I'm having trouble getting mine adjusted correctly. I have a hydraulic attached and the force required on the upstroke (to seat the new hull and primer) is too much. To do it by hand I have to hold the machine in order to get enough leverage. Shouldn't I be able to cycle the machine much easier? I've spoken with P/W support for many hours. Nice people. I'm looking for someone who actually has the setup and can advise me how his/her machine is arranged. Thanks

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have one set up just as you would like. What did customer service tell you to do? P.M. me with your questions and I will try to get you through it.

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I hope they told you that the PWs were not designed with steel base hulls in mind. (It was actually designed around brass based AA hulls.) If your gun has a large chamber, the force required to jam an expanded steel base into the die's sizing ring can be excessive. It can be done, but it's not kind to the press. My oldest Citori has a chamber that measures right on .812". At that size I'm afraid I'll bust something trying to size them, so I resize my Gun Club hulls to ±.806" with a Mec Supersizer before I run them through the PW. Much nicer!

Keller

4. captainkac

captainkac TS Member

I'm using Win AA hulls. When I got the machine I had to adjust a lot of stuff before P/W came to the conclusion that the stock hull post would not work with the Hull Feed System and an old style post was sent to me. I can get the machine to work but with a great deal of force. From what I see in the videos, it shouldn't take as much force as I need to make the machine cycle. I'm close but obviously not adjusted properly. Perhaps my indexing plate is too high? Does anyone have a method to adjust the indexing plate on the Patriot? I can then set the hull and primer seating posts based on the height of the indexing plate.

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I gave up on the case feed system on my electric feed 800+. I just could not make it work consistently. It worked great without the electric using a manual handle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

patriot shell feed system