1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P/W New Patriot Video

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whiz white, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Click the above to get see the video of the new Patriot soon to ship.

Whiz White<BR>
    P/W Distributor

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

3. Greg LV

Greg LV Member

Wiz;

Looks like you are youtube upload certified.

Thank you for your support and diligence to get this information to the members of Traoshooters.com

By the way much better than the guy on youtube loading “Remington AA” on a Spolar LOL ;o)))

4. DHN-MN

DHN-MN TS Member

I have loaded with a PW 800C (an 800B conversion) for just about 40 years. After viewing the video I really like the Patriot except for the process of draining shot and powder. The process appears to be a pain in the rear compared to the 800 series loaders and a step backwards.

5. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I agree with the powder/shot drain looking much more of a pain, but I think the upgrades are worth it. I suspect there is no easy way to develop both no double charge ability, and no drop without a hull in 2 stations, and keep a simple drain???

The machine looks worth both the cost and lack of easy drain. Just load until powder is like almost gone, and shot really has never bothered me much. I believe powder is the corrosive issue? My acrylic tubes are still clear as a bell after more than two years of draining powder, leaving shot.

So, when is the magic release date for sale?

6. DHN-MN

DHN-MN TS Member

Yes, we all have our priorities of what is important. After 40 years of loading on the 800C, dropping double charges has never been an issue for me and the prevention of that is not important. More important to me is the convenience of draining the components at the end of a loading session. Especially the powder to prevent caking, corrosion, and absorbing moisture. As long as my 800C functions as well as it does now and I can obtain or machine any parts that I may need to keep it functioning well, I will not be in the market for a Patriot.

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

GREG_LV: First off, thanks for the "thanks."

Secondly, I had to laugh when you mentioned the AA / Spolar thing. I DID watch that, and at the time I was thinking that Dicksie would have liked to have killed that video, or asked the guy to send back his machine.

I should mention that the base on the Shot/Powder reservior is black anodized aluminum - it looks like plastic, but is not.

Take care and, again, thanks.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.