1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P/W New Electric Drive - Picture

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by whiz white, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

While at the factory last week, I had the pleasure of operating this newly developed electric drive loading system. It is ultra quiet; in fact, I kept forgetting to turn it on and off. This is the exact unit I reloaded with.

It is a slick unit. I asked if a foot switch would be available and they are looking into that. Personally, I prefer the foot switch like I have on my P/W hydraulic unit. I've not used a Spolar hydro, but they use an electric foot switch.

If I remember correctly, completed shells slide down your slide and then roll under the motor in a square support which the motor is mounted to. You could drill a hole in your bench-top just behind the 19" plate assembly.

All you need is 19" because this is the plate size, and your reloader mounts to this plate. Thanks to Harold L for bringing this info to my attention.

The joy stick is nice. You move it forward and it moves down, back for down. You let it go and it stops. You can incrementally move it up or down, etc.

I kept trying to run it continually, but I needed a third hand to grab a hull. Dick said it was not safe with me doing that... get a finger pinched, etc.

They are now in the process of making shipping containers to ship to customers. If interested, give me a call or email and I'll get you on the list for the first shipments.

Whiz White

[​IMG]

2. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

They sent these posters to me as a club contact. I almost wish I loaded as much as I did a few years back. That would at least justify the price.

Rock

Jim

3. whiz white

They will be running a program based on that poster they sent you and all ATA clubs.

Each registered shooter this year will be entered into a drawing for a new reloader, and possibly more.

Whiz

4. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Whizz: I see where the loaded shell is suppose to exit, but how does it get there? The shell normally is dropped on the plate and is "flipped" into the opening where the new mechanism is located. Also, will the slip-clutch system stop half way? Fred

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

That looks like with a little work it could be made to work with my Spolar. I'll be interested in the reviews.
    --- Chip King ---

6. whiz white

I don't see why it would not work with the Spolar.

Fred. The motor mount directly behind the slide chute is a hollow square piece of metal. The shell just slides right through that channel.

Actually, when you let go of the stick, the machine stops instantly. Move the lever forward and the machine moves forward, back and it goes backwards.

The slip-clutch is designed to "slip" should you be in a situation where the press is locked up... you wouldn't want the electric motor to continue to put undue pressure on the machine.

Pretty simple and pretty slick.

Whiz

7. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Is this a refinement of the electric drive that the people who made the one for MEC were working on?

8. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

From the picture, it looks like the new motor unit does not come all the way up to the front of the loader? Do you put washers or a piece of flat bar under the front to make sure everything is down securely? It just looks like the electric motor base comes half way under the reloader itself???????

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Looks great, but it's still a PW, YUCK!!!

10. nipper

nipper TS Member

send me one and i will give it a field trial with my 2000 and shell feeder

bill

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am interested in trying new things. Would it be possible to add this to my PW 2000 and somehow coordinate it with my hydraulic system? Perhaps make each unit operate every other time? If I used both systems at the same time, could I load twice as fast? Or, could it be advantageous to load my singles shells on the electric system and my handicap shells with the hydraulic system?

Pat Ireland

12. 6878mm

6878mm Member

Look good Whiz, how long do you rekon before it is freely available??

13. chipking

chipking TS Member

But Pat if you hooked up both units wouldn't those shells only work for DOUBLES.;o)

--- Chip King ---

14. whiz white

While in the teaching profession we were reluctant to tell a student that "that was a dumb question."

However, I have seen some really, really dumb question on this site.

DD: You don't need any washers or the like. Notice the mechancis on this. The distance from the denter of the drive gear to the clevis is the same as the distance from the rod end to the reloader shaft... it's a complete equal operation.

To the guy who says, "Yuk"... why are you on this thread in the first place? You're a PITA.

Whiz

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

Whiz- But what else would you expect from me? Remember, I was the one who complained about the extra long PW Shovel handle. Many others liked it. But when I tried it, it knocked be off the stool every time I pushed the hydraulic pedal with my foot.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.