1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P.W multispeed electric/hydrilic value?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Joel Anderson, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joel Anderson

Joel Anderson TS Member

0   0   0

Ponsness warren multispeed,came with loader I purchased, all there all functional, used value? thanks

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The "MultiSpeed" is the hydraulic. The single cylinder unit, hopefully, is the dual cylinder models are archaiac. And, the currect model single cylinder unti muyst have the blue motor (not black).

A nice one that is complete with all parts, and does not leak, is worth at least $750. I have one like that boxed to ship, but believe the economy is preventing me from selling it.

Until recently they sold new for $1,295, but the factory is selling them out now at $975.

The company that makes these for P/W still has them. My website (address above) has downloadable factory instructions.

Now, if you are talking about the Electric Drive (not called a "MultiSpeed,)" I'd say the same vlaues for it as well.

Whiz<BR>
    P/W Distributor

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I believe a used hydraulic unit is only worth around $500. The reason is the P/W Auto-Drive electric unit is quickly becomming more popular. The Auto-Drive is only $800. It is very quiet and does not generate any heat. It also will not leak! P/W understands this and that is why they are closing out the hydraulic unit.

Jim Skeel P/W Dealer/Dist

[​IMG]

4. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Jim, everytime I see that picture of your little 410 I drool all over my PC. Please quit posting it!!!!!!!!! LOL
    Don

5. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Don, It loads 28's too! Jim

6. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have a PW 900 that loads my 28s. It does a superior job.
    Don

7. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Don, I used to load 28's and .410's on my 900 too. The 800 Plus makes it easier to change gauges. With the Auto-Drive I want just one loader bolted up to the Auto-Drive. Each time you put a different loader on the Auto-Drive you have to re-adjust the linkeage.

Jim Skeel

8. whiz white

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I disagree about the value of the hydro: $550 versus $750. In fact, I'd buy them at $550.

Reason is that I've had several customers return their electric drives to opt for the hydo. Several reasons, but instantanious and micro control seems to be the reason.

I have given them full credit on these returns if they bought the unts from me.

Whiz

9. Joel Anderson

Joel Anderson TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the info, no paperwork in origional box, yes dark blue leeson 1hp motor with black resevior. Same setup as picture in ponsness catalog 2010. oldtimer purchased for ancient 800c PW loader never installed. I purchased whole package thought about making sausaage stuffer out of it. Or just sell her, thanks again

10. whiz white

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Joel: If it's brand new, I may be interested in it. I pick these up from time-to-time. Have one on my 800+ and one on the Spolar.

No need for any paperwork, as one can download the factory paperwork from my website.

Whiz

11. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I load around 3000 .410's per year on my 800 Plus with the Auto-Drive. I can stop and back up to straighten a folded wad petal without double charging. The Auto-Drive has a brake so it stops instantly. The control is very precise. You can move the loader in very small increments forward or backwards. I prefer the joystick control because it lets you change direction instantly.

Jim Skeel

12. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I bought a spolar set up with 12 and 28 gauge. Now I need a 20 and 410 gauge tooling for it.
    Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.