1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P w loader

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Txdirtbroker, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Txdirtbroker

Txdirtbroker TS Member

Any thoughts from those of you that use a p w 2000
    When the machine indexs around to the point you insert the wad in the
    Wad guide and pull the handle down the wad is not lining up perfectly
    Over the shell and the wad seating ram is massacring the wad
    I understand how to adjust the wad seating ram for depth but can't figur out
    This mis alignment
    Thanks
    Gary

2. skeezix

skeezix Member

Is it fully indexed? Is this a new problem? or has something changed? Is the wad ram swinging around to far? or not far enough?

If the machine is fully indexed and all the other stations are properly lined up - you may have to rotate the vertical shaft that the wad carrier is mounted to. to turn the shaft - I think the instructions are in the manual - but loosen the set screw at the bottom of the shaft (think there is an outer screw and an inner screw in the same holes the outer screw serves as a lock screw for the inner screw. and you have to loosen the cap screw through the tooling head. If the machine used to work, but now doesn't it is a little hard to imagine how this could get out of alignment though.

also possible that something (dirt/gunk) is preventing the wad carrier from fully turning into position. I believe the index screw that follows the track in the vertical shaft can wear - and may need replaceing. You can remove it and inspect it for wear - but be a bit cautious - if you move the wad carrier with the index screw to far out the nylon bearing sleeve may slip out of position and they are a PITA to get lined up again.

I think wear on the index screw is the more likely culprit.

At least until Whiz says otherwise :)

John

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I aree with John. Pull the wad carrier cam bolt and check for the slightest wear of a flat spot.

Second problem if the above appears OK, then I would guedd that the Grivory turret needs replacing. They are under lifetime warranty, but one does have to r&r IT.

Whiz

4. skeezix

skeezix Member

Whiz - would wear of the grivory turret foul up indexing on one station- or is it just that there is less forgiveness at the wad station?

john

5. whiz white

Yes it would. To tell, you'll have to remove the small hex screws holding down the center collar and look down and on the turret itself. See if the 8 indexing holes appear compromised, such an elongated, or for any cracks.

You can temporarily fix the wad station SOMEWHAT by installing a large heavy duty rubberband around the cam bolt and then colckwise around the wad housing and to the back somewhere. This pulls the carrier back, but will not help it swing fully into place.

With you hand wiggle the carrier housing with the lever in the home position, You should NOT get much wiggle.

Whiz

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

If everything else lines up o.k. there is another possible cause for the wad guide not lining up. The left vertical post supporting the tool head coiuld have rotated slightly. If you try to rotate the wad guide does the post move?

Jim Skeel

7. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

Make sure your wad fingers are clearing the wad guide before it starts the push down. I had this problem and it folds over the end of your wad and then messes up the wad on bothe ends. The wad punch was set too low causing this on mine.
    Best regards,

Bob

8. Txdirtbroker

Txdirtbroker TS Member

Thanks for your comments gentleman. I have determined that the wad fingers hav several broken teeth. Will order replacement. A friend of mine that's used p w for many
    Years advised me that possibly the wad ram was slightly out of alignment
    I ll try and adjust that
    Perhaps I ll get it loading correctly soon
    Am tiring of the time necessary to keep the wife and I in shells with the old sizemaster
    Thanks again
    Gary

9. whiz white

Buy several. They are only $2.49 each, but you can't reload without them.

Whiz

10. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

The wad ram adjusts up and down only... there is no other alignment adjustment.

Loosen the locking collar and watch it as you turn it to see if it's bent.

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.