1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

p-w help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by start1, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. start1

start1 TS Member

need advise on the primer feed of my 900 pw loader. the orginal primer feed had the small wire to assist the primer movement to the seating station. i am guessing i have 20,000 rounds fed thru loader to this point. the wire finally broke. the part pw sent was a machine part --no wire --- to replace broken part. i put this part on my loader and now have a new problem. the new ---primer mover part---- is hanging every few cycles and results in skipping placing a primer in a shell. i can see no reason other than excess wear in the primer system of the parts not replaced. it hangs with the primer mover at the pick up station ect. the new part from pw has already been mangled by this reloader malfunction to the point i have had to remove it and straighten the primer end up. from the looks of this part it will not allow itself to be straightened again without breaking. it never fit in my orginal primer system as well as it should. i had to use a file and grinding compound to make it move freely in the primer system. the housing is aluminum with a piece of sheel metal for a cover. has anyone out there had in experience fitting the replacement primer system parts as i have described? is it time to throw this primer system out and replace it with all new parts/system? if i can file/hone this system and make it work i would appreciated some advise. i don't want to spend $90.00 on a new primer system for this pw i i don't have to.

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

cant help on the wire part but i did order two primer rams and had to custom fit one so it would slide better. i think its a quality control issue myself,you shouldnt have to fit anything,but like i said i did.

bill

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

The "U" shaped spring on the primer ram is obsolete.

All the present reloaders use the ram that has a "hook" cut in its end. These are available for the 900 and all progressive machines.

It appears that you have the new hook, but mine are made a lot thicker and the hook area is modified a bit to alleviate this pick-up condition you address.

Your primer track MUST BE 100% centered in the primer seating assembly opening in order for the primer to easily slide into the ram without any hangups.

Also, when replacing the ram, I suggest that you stretch the out some.

I even sell heat-treaded, stress relieved, and a MILSPC baked on moly coat.

Whiz White<BR>
    P/W Distributor

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

jreason- Sounds very much like a problem I once had after I had taken some parts off my PW to "improve their performance". I did not improve the parts, but I had fun and learned a little.

I did not get the primer feed exactly centered in the primer feeding assembly. When Whiz stated above that it must be exactly centered, he was giving critical information.

Pat Ireland

5. start1

start1 TS Member

thanks to those responding to my plea for help. i believe this problem can be resolved with the advise given.

6. nipper

nipper TS Member

Pat,

Can you explain the ,exactly centered, one of my rams would not slide at all,seemed to big for the channel and the other seemed just right,i am not understanding the critical,exactly centered..

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.