1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P&W Help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DAS, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAS

DAS Member

My p&w 2000 fails to index about 6 or 7 times out of 100 shells

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Could be lots of things... boy, that's like saying my car won't run.

Whiz

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

DAS- Does fail to index mean it does not index at all or does not completely index. If you can give a little more information, several of us might give you some suggestions. None of us will be as informed as Whiz when we try to help.

Pat Ireland

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Dig a grave in your back yard. Place PW in the grave, and cover with dirt. Then buy a Dillon.

5. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Has it ever been cleaned and lubed?

6. JCS

JCS TS Member

Try this :

remove the bolt going into the center indexing post.
    ( you need to lift up the round metal cover on top of the shell holder turret to get to it . Remove the 2 small srews holding it in place and then lift it up .That will give you access to the bolt)

At the end of this bolt, there is a metal wear bushing which fits into the center groove of the post.

If this little metal sleeve is even just SLIGHTLY worn (if you see ANY flat spot on it ) , replace it .

That fixes my occasional indexing problem every time.

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Some of these guys are really helpful, huh?

I have a Spolar and I am a P/W dealer. I prefer the P/W over the Spolar, and it's half the cost.

Comparing a P/W to a Dillion, well, silly comparison. Compare a Dillon to an RCBS would be a better comparison.

Who don't you email or call me and I can try to figure out what/where the problem lies. It could be something as simple as the coil spring inside the center indexing collar.

Whiz White

8. stu42

stu42 Member

My loader wasn't indexing either. A trip to Whiz White for troubleshooting and repair. Well worth it! Stu

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Whiz- My PW 2000 will not index unless I turn on the hydraulic motor and press the pedal down. Is there something wrong with my press or is there something wrong with me?

Pat Ireland

10. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

The first thing to try is the easiest. If you are using sts or aa that are once fired, they can slip down from the shell holder after insertion during the move to the depriming station preventing indexing. To see if this is the case, when you have an index problem, push the handle fully back and as you pull down on the handle, hold the shell in place with your left hand right at the top of the shell holder. If it indexes, that's your problem. Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.