1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P/W EZ-Fill Owners .. Check this out!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by whiz white, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Have had several requests to machine some owners' older style aluminum bases to accept the newer EZ-Fill Hoppers.

The EZ-Fill's black plastic base on occasion becomes warped probably due to excessive torque from the two Rack Gear screws. And, in some cases the bases simply just warp letting powder migrate.

I first did my own and it worked great. I do not use the original black base any longer. I can also do the shorter aluminum bases without the bushing access holes, but they are harder to press out. I have broken several 800B bases in experimenting.

[​IMG]

Whiz

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Wow!! What a great development and solution to a problem... I am sure that it also adds more stability. Nice to be retired and have the time to think and develop. Fred

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

4. whiz white

I charge $35 to do the machining and whatever the actual postage is. Includes a new opring; not a big deal, but it's needed. I sent one out today that was $5.67 postage.

Customer supplies the base, of course.

Turn around time is a couple of day... if I'm not hunting and that end the end of the month.

FRED: Actually someone suggested doing an aluminum base and I had a couple of these around here to screw up, so I did it. It was not my original idea. It actually came from a customer that I listened to.

I retired from one job and seems like I am so damn busy in retirement, I need another job just so I can retire again. My wife just shakes here head with all the things I get into. I love it tho'; I don't have to put up with irate, idiotic, or inconsiderate folks any longer.

Whiz

5. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I know what you mean. I enjoy "retirement" so much. I work for two great universities [staff is supportive and students respectful] and I have another one asking if I would work for them. I actually politely said no... too much to do -- like trap shoot 3 x's week. Hope the hunting season is successful... assume it is pheasant time. Fred

6. les morgan

les morgan TS Member

Anyone know a source for the metal bases to be machined. I have 2 800plus loaders with plastic tops. I have 1 older 2000 with the metal top that I allways thought was better than the plastic tops. Yes, one of my plastic tops is warped somewhat. Thanks, Les

7. whiz white

Les, I've been looking for them on eBay. Not to many and I don't like running them up in price.

Whiz

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Nice job Whiz. My current plastic base seems to be working well but I will start looking for the aluminum replacement part to send you. Not because I need it, at least not now, but simply because I want it.

Pat Ireland

9. Doubles Shooter

Doubles Shooter Member

Whiz,

You said you broke several 800B bases. Does this mean they can't be converted? I was thinking about how nice the extra capacity would be, but I'm leery of the plastic base. If the 800B can also be done I'll ask Santa for the large hoppers. Thanks

10. whiz white

I've cracked a couple on the press. I just need to get a larger bearing remove to use to sit under the plate when I press the risers out.

I have converted several successfully.

Whiz

11. five straight

five straight TS Member

Whiz has done 2 for me in 12 and 20 gauge they are great. Need 2 more for 28 and 410, but can not find metal bases to use. I hope they come on ebay soon. Keep up the good work Whiz. Your great for the hobby and for help with the machines.

12. d endicott

d endicott Member

Whiz: I would like to thank you for an excellent job you did and the fast turn around time. Everyone should have this done. Thanks again.

13. grunt

14. whiz white

Thanks Duane: In fact, as I mentioned on the phone today, the picture is of YOUR unit.

Whiz

15. whiz white

I have solved the problem with the short bases cracking. No more.

Unfortunately I have to charge $10 more for these because I have to actually make new risers. I should charge $25 more, but that makes them too expensive.

Whiz

16. whiz white

I am looking to buy the reservoir plates, so if you have one or more sitting around give me a jingle. I realy want the bushing access plate models because they are just nicer to use.

Whiz

17. grunt

18. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Whiz,

NOW can you solve NO CHILD LEFT WITH A BEHIND ?

Omaha

19. whiz white

OMAHA: Damn, I hit the back of my head after falling over backwards - LMAO!

Hey, happy new year to you Huskers! Last week-end in the want ads in the Journal, there was an ad that read: "Eric Piatkowski's basketball ball hoop free to the first caller." Looks like Walt and his knockout wife are or have moved to a condo and getting rid of Eric's stuff. Eric has a big home in Omaha, I believe.

I am so damn glad to be out of that NCLB crap. It didn't work in Texas either.

DHL delivered some stuff to me yesterday and the folks that own the local DHL subsidiary, the gal who dropped it off, is on the school board, and she knows me.

She made the mistake of asking me how I liked being retired from being an administrator in the school district. Bad question to ask me, even tho' I signed a non-disclosure agreement with the buyout. I think she left red, not yellow. She said, "I didn't know you owned a company." I told her it was the only salvation for keeping my sanity while working in the district.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.