1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P/W EZ-FILL Aluminum Base with Bushing Holes

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by skeeljc, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

<a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/skeeljc/?action=view¤t=PWBaseTop003.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/skeeljc/?action=view¤t=PWBaseBottom002.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Are you experiencing excessive powder leakage on your EZ-FILL Hopper?
    (Especially with Hodgdon H110 and Winchester 296)

Are you worried about the black plastic base deteriorating from corrosive powders like Lil Gun, Longshot and Titegroup?

Here is the answer!

My machined aluminum base replaces the black plastic base that comes with the P/W EZ-FILL Access Hopper. It includes the bushing access holes. It will eliminate the leakage caused by the warping and flexing of the plastic base. It will seal the fine ball powders like Hodgdon H110 and Winchester 296. It is not affected by corrosive powders like Lil Gun, Longshot and Titegroup.

The base comes with two spare powder seals and instructions for replacing the seal.

The cost is $90.00 plus $8.75 shipping.

Email or Private Message if interested and I will send payment information.

Jim Skeel

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I bought one of these. Anyone who owns the PW needs to do this upgrade. It is a very well made piece and works like a champ.

3. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

0   0   0

I bought two - one for my hydro 800+ 12ga and one for my manual 800+ small gage. The plastic base is worthless.

I would suggest Jim's base as the manufacturing is priceless and Jim is a good person to deal with. You won't be sorry. Jim ships fast. And no I don't work for Jim!

Michael Stephenson

4. cubancigar2000

0   0   0

ahmen on the plastic base. the PW is a good loader but it would be perfecto if they would do away with the worthless base and update the primer feed assy as it is junk also

5. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jim: Are these available right now? I know you only mill them in the fall and winter. For speed in payment do you have a Paypal account? Thanks, Rick ~~Texas

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

TTT

7. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Rick,

My first batch is about gone. I will have another batch done in two or three weeks. When you send me a check I put you on my "Paid" list. I fill orders from the "Paid" list on a first in, first out basis. That way I don't end up holding a base for someone who has changed their mind about the purchase.

Yes, I have a PayPal account but I do not like to use it because they charge me 3% to receive the payment.

I did start a little early this year. Production may be a little slow until the weather turns cold as I have some outdoor work to finish.

Jim Skeel

8. DitzMan

DitzMan TS Member

0   0   0

I just received my base from Jim yesterday. Installed it last night. Very top notch, and Jim was a pleasure to deal with.

9. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Some folks have asked about the powder seal that I use. It is not the same as the one that P/W uses in the plastic base. It is a square section o-ring that is available at almost any hydraulic supply house. Here are the specs:

AS568A Dash Number: 114

Type: o-ring

o-ring type: Standard

Cross Section Shape: Square

Width: 3/32"

Inside Diameter: 5/8"

Outside Diameter: 13/16"

Material: Buna-n

Durometer: Hard

Durometer Shore: Shore A 70

I provide two spares and instructions for replacement with each base.

Jim Skeel

10. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

0   0   0

Jim shipped mine the same day he received the check. It is 1st class machine work that raises the level of the whole reloader a notch. The powder seal is a superior design compared the o-ring PW uses in the original base. It gives a positive seal that should last a long time. Thanks Jim.

11. Peasant

Peasant TS Member

0   0   0

Will anyone who uses this base post a picture of it installed please

Thanks

Ugo

12. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Here are some shots of the base on my P/W 900.

Jim Skeel

<a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/skeeljc/?action=view&current=LoaderBase0004.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/skeeljc/?action=view&current=LoaderBase0005.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/skeeljc/?action=view&current=LoaderBase0006.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

13. Peasant

Peasant TS Member

0   0   0

I have the p2000 with the 25 lbs capacity shot tube, will I have to up grade my shot and powder tube/hoppers also?

Ugo

Thanks for the photo's looks like a great upgrade/improvement.

14. skeeljc

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

My machined aluminum base replaces the plastic base that is part of the P/W EZ-FILL Access Hopper. You must have an EZ-FILL Access Hopper to use my base.

The P/W EZ-FILL Access Hopper is standard on the Platinum 2000 Series and the 800 Plus loaders. It is available as an accessory item from P/W for $49.95. The EZ-FILL Access Hopper will adapt to all P/W progressive machines.

Jim Skeel

15. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

0   0   0

The P.W. base is really plastic? The shot and powder dies are plastic also?I was going to purchase one as a gift but if they are plastic then i will not. Please advise.Thanks,Dennis.

16. cubancigar2000

0   0   0

PW dies are not plastic? If you buy a PW, then buy Jims base you will be all good. Mine works like a champ

17. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

0   0   0

looks to be very well machined.

tony

18. cubancigar2000

0   0   0

ttt - these things really are a good thing for a PW

19. Butler

Butler TS Member

0   0   0

20. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Received mine from jim, nice piece of workmanship. Great guy to do business with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.