1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

P/W EZ-Fill Aluminum Base with Bushing Holes

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by skeeljc, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

<a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/skeeljc/?action=view&current=PWBaseTop003.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/skeeljc/?action=view&current=PWBaseBottom002.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

This machined aluminum base for the P/W EZ-fill replaces the molded plastic base that P/W supplies with the EZ-Fill Hopper. It now includes the bushing access holes. You will need to use the plugs and thumbscrews from your plastic base. My machined aluminum base will reduce the leakage caused by the warping/flexing of the molded plastic base.

The cost is $90.00 plus $8.75 shipping.

Email or Private Message if interested.

If you sent me an email earlier I will email you with payment information and my mailing address.

Jim Skeel
  2. whiz white

whiz white Perazzi & P/W Part s Dealer & Repair Staff Member Supporting Vendor

0   0   0

Jim: Nice job!

Whiz
  3. TjayE

TjayE Member

0   0   0

Excellent machine work.
  4. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

0   0   0

Nice work, and considering PW sold the original plastic unit for $79.95 the $90.00 price tag is not all that bad. I believe PW has now lowered the price considerably. Do people actual have trouble with the plastic unit?

Dale,
  5. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

It is almost impossible to load .410's with H110 or W296 with the original plastic base. I spent a lot of time testing various seals and installation geometry. The square cross section seal I use works very well. It is the same size as the one in the P/W EZ-Fill. I suspect it is the same seal that P/W uses. I supply two spare seals with each base.

The problem with the P/W plastic base is distortion. The pressure from the two nylon set screws that are over the rack can be the source of the distortion. The compression on the powder seal is very small (a couple of thousands of an inch). It does not take much distortion to reduce the compression to less than zero. My aluminum base eliminates all the distortion.

Jim Skeel
  6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Active Member

0   0   0

There is another problem with the bakelite plastic base. Some powders ( like longshot and E3) stick to it and cause a reaction resulting in a mess. The tube will get clogged with powder
  7. setter

setter Member

0   0   0

Jim is "on target" with this base, eliminates the problem described by cubancigar2000. I have loaded a bunch with one of Jim's bases on my 2000 and it's well worth the investment.

Jim M
  8. JerryP

JerryP TS Member

0   0   0

Concerning "The pressure from the two nylon set screws that are over the rack can be the source of the distortion." I think there should be no pressure applied by those screws at all. Only snugged enough to remove any slop above the rack gear.
  9. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

JerryP, you are right. The nylon screws need only to be just in contact with the rack. They are there to resist the upward force caused by the friction as the slot in the lever contacts the pin in the side of the rack. If you keep some STOS lube on the sides of the slot in the operating lever it will reduce the friction and lessen the upward force on the rack.

Jim Skeel
  10. dhg

dhg TS Member

0   0   0

11. manyspuds

manyspuds Member

0   0   0

do you have 2 left? do you want the old metal tube base? joe
  12. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Joe,

I shipped the first seven bases yesterday. The next batch of seven will ship by December 12, 2008. The December 12 batch is sold out. The next batch will probably ship around December 22. There are still seven available from the December 22 batch.

If you send me a check I will put you on my "Paid" list and give you an estimated ship date. I will not cash your check until I ship your base.

email or private message me for mailing address.

I would like to have your old P/W metal base.

Jim Skeel
  13. mkstephen

mkstephen Member

0   0   0

Jim,

I received the two bases that you sent me today. The quality is top notch. I have installed the first one on my hydralic PW 800+ 12 ga with the auto shell feeder with no problem what so ever and it works great.

I haven't installed the second one yet on my manual PW 800+ sub-gage but expect the same results.

Just a note to let you know that I am very pleased with your machining, quality, and delivery in a timely manner. Thanks again for providing a solution to the plastic base.

Michael Stephenson
  14. les morgan

les morgan TS Member

0   0   0

Got mine today also. I agree with everything Michael said above. They are very nice and the bottom is very flat. Loader works very smooth. I had trouble with a plastic one that was warped. Sent it back to PW and they said it was within spec. I had to throw it away. Jim did a great job on these!
    Thanks Jim,
    Les
  15. mkstephen

mkstephen Member

0   0   0

up for quality
  16. Didreckson

Didreckson Member

0   0   0

Skeeljc,

I just got my base yesterday, and it looks simply terrific. Thanks for a first class machining job. I can't wait to install and clean up my loader, and take it for a test drive. It should make loading just tad bit more enjoyable, if that is possible.
  17. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

0   0   0

Mailed check out today for the base.
    Bob
  18. dhg

dhg TS Member

0   0   0

Jim, Received mine today.Thank you for the quick servicei Dennis
  19. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan TS Member

0   0   0

Jim,
    Received mine today. Looks great.
    Sonny Daniels
  20. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

0   0   0

Some of the best machine work I have seen. Received mine yesterday and Thanks for the quick service.
    Bob Roberts
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.