1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P/W Electric Drive Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by citadel, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citadel

citadel Active Member

I hooked up my P/W electric drive on my 800+ last night and it worked great until I put the shells into the system. I found that there does not appear to be adequate leverage created by the drive to seat the shell fully in the resizing die. When they do not seat fully the entire system locks up as the bottom of the shell that is sticking our below the bottom of the resizing die stops the turntable from going around as it should. I am using Gun Club shells and I know that when done by hand they require an extra "push" to get them to seat. Has anyone else had a simialar problem and if so is there a fix avaialble that will let me use the Gun Club shells.
    Thanks for your help.
    Doug

2. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Have you tried tightening the slip disk? Bruce

3. citadel

citadel Active Member

Bruce thanks for the sugestion. If I can find it I will give it a try.
    Doug

4. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

Citadel Sent you a PM.

John

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I had that Gun Club / sizing die / sticking-out-the-bottom / jammed turret problem with my manual 900 until I started using a MEC Super Sizer to resize all my steel bases to .807" before I try to reload them.

The P-W was designed in the days of brass bases and there are several design features (primer seating being another) that are inadequate for steel bases. The MEC does a great job and saves stress on the P-W. The time it takes to resize a flat's worth of hulls is made up in the time I don't have to spend fiddling with jammed hulls. You can jerk around the press adjustments to force the hulls into the dies or force primers to seat but in the end the resizer makes a lot more sense.

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.