1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P W CASE FEEDER

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

FOLKS ,
    I'm thinking about buying an auto case feeder for my P W 800+ w/auto-mate II & wondering how you all like them .I don't forsee PW running a sale-although I can't understand why - and it is a somewhat pricey item . Before I buy one I'd like to hear from anyone who has/had one & what you like / disliked about it .
    Do you think it is worth buying. The Auto-Mate II is a nice setup but not faster, it is very consistant & a lot easier on you -especially if you have a bad shouldere/anything.
    Thank you in advance for your time & help.
    BILL

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

it works just as advertised, but when using mine it helps to make sure no dust/dirt/stuff is mixed in with the hulls, it will cause a few failure to feed and with one all you have to do is insert a wad and you have more of a chance to look over all the other actions like primers being fead etc etc, my recommendation is buy one

bill

3. kenf

kenf Active Member

I have one on my P2000 and like it a lot. Get it adjusted right and it doesn't miss a beat.

4. STOS

STOS Member

You can see it work at www.reloaders.com

5. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

What few problems I have had are nothing compared to the ease of loading. I bought an after market shell feeder before P&W introduced their's. It worked but not as well.

6. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I LOVE mine. The tube holds something like 7-8 hulls, so even if the unit hangs occasionally,which it does, you have plenty of time to fix and carry on. The shell feeder is the single feature that keeps me using P/W and not Spolar.

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

Buy it - you will love it.

I have seen them on sale for $275 - I believe.

I paid full price for mine and do not regret the investment.

Like Fred advised, get at least one spare return spring. I got mine from Home Depot at far less than PW charges.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.