1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P-W bushing for Rex 0 powder??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by riflegunbuilder, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

Anyone got an idea of what P-W bushing to try to throw a load of 16-16.5 grs of Rex 0 ???

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

You could just weigh the charges with the bushings you have to see if you have the right one for your load.

3. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

That is what I plan to do, but I thought if someone had already done this I would have a starting place.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

What are you looking for in fps, shot weight, etc?

Whiz White<BR>
    P/W Distributor

5. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I test bushings by setting a bushing in the corner of a 4-inch square of 1/4" glass. I trickle powder into the bushing until it's just a bit overfull and then I strike off the excess. I move the corner of the glass over my scale's pan and slide the bushing off the edge, dropping the powder into the pan for weighing. It's surprisingly accurate and easily gets me close enough to start with.

Morgan

6. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

Just fyi if any of you are interested; a J-1 throws 16.3 gr of Rex 0 of the lot I have. Based on the data published by Rex, and useing the ID of bushings a L bushing have gotten me in the ballpark. Just goes to show, as always: Weigh don't assume.

7. KK

KK TS Member

The REX site has that information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.