1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

P/W Auto-Drive

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by skeeljc, Jul 7, 2012.

1. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Is repetitive handle pulling bothering your shoulder?<BR>
    Would you like more consistent powder drops?<BR>

It is time to apply the principles of automation to your reloading with the Ponsness/Warren Auto-Drive.

In order to appreciate how well the Ponsness/Warren Auto-Drive works you need to see it in operation on a loader actually loading shells.

Here is a video of my 800 Plus with the Auto-Drive loading .410 gauge shells.

PM or email me with your ZIP for a price including shipping.<br>
    (just click on one of the blue icons at the top of this post)

[​IMG]

The following video shows how the Auto-Drive operates with the Joystick Control.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PCTJlIOy4tA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The following video shows how the Auto-Drive operates with the Foot Control.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w-gkhGWyWdA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is a shot of the Foot Control.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. dss8110

dss8110 Member

0   0   0

Foot petal is the only to go!
  3. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

If you want maximum production the foot control is the way to go. It allows you to hold shell(s) in your right hand and wad(s) in your left. As long as you have wads that stay open you can really go fast.

The joystick's advantage is it lets you back up instantly. I know that you are not supposed to back up as you risk double charging. P/W has designed their loader so that you can back up very slightly without double charging if the powder and shot have not been dropped. This is easier with the joystick because you just need to move the stick in the opposite direction. To back up with the foot control you must change a switch on the control box, depress the foot control, then change the switch on the control box back to resume forward motion.

I believe the joystick is the way to go if you load lots of .410's. If you want high production then go with the foot control.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor
  4. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie TS Member

0   0   0

Hey Jim, the auto drive looks like a good feature. I just moved and was looking at replacing my MEC 9000HN. (I left it back home with dad) I absolutely wore that thing out. Looking at the Spolar, P/W 800 and other various models. I noticed you were a dealer so thought maybe you could shoot me some prices for the loader and the automate? Thanks Jake.
  5. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

0   0   0

Are there any videos of the autodrive, with the auto shell feeder on a spolar? I would like to see this combo making shells to see how smooth everything works together.
  6. RickN

RickN Active Member

0   0   0

Guinner, here is one on a Pw

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vk2C13G7PVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  7. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Rick is that you in the video? Because I know that guy and his name isn't Rick. LOL.

Bryan
  8. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the video rick. That is a pretty trick set up. I think I know what my Christmas gift is going to be this year. Just in time for winter reloading.
  9. wbill

wbill Member

0   0   0

How much bench is needed for the loader and auto drive in inches? Bill
  10. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

0   0   0

How hard is it to hook up for a none mechanically inclined person?

Thx Bill
  11. rrrocketman

rrrocketman Member

0   0   0

Hey Jim -- how much for one for my Dillon 650?

Thanks!

Rich
  12. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

0   0   0

I'm looking forward to getting mine tomorrow. It was a pleasure dealing with Jim and I recommend him. I just emailed the fellow about the shell feeder as well and asked about gauge conversions. I'll report back soon.

Jim
  13. napawino

napawino Member

0   0   0

Hi Jim,
    Do they make a unit that will work on the Hornady 366?
    Thanks,
    Fred-napawino
  14. shot410ga

shot410ga Active Member

0   0   0

Bill---You don't want a electric PW with a auto shell drop if you're not very mechanical. Take my advice, there is something that is always in need of adjustment, and you won't even know where to start. Don't get me wrong, I like my auto PW800+. But configured as noted above, it is not for the faint of heart or nontechnical.
  15. wbill

wbill Member

0   0   0

Jim, what is the advantages of the Spolar over the PW? Bill
  16. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Bill,

Advantages? None that I can think of. Both loaders are nice machines. The P/W is easier on your wallet.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor
  17. wbill

wbill Member

0   0   0

Jim can you put a auto drive on a Dillon 900SL? Bill
  18. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

P/W has never done a Dillon SL900. When I talked to the factory they thought the SL900 bottom end was like the XL650. P/W does make an Auto-Drive for the XL650.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor
  19. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

20. skeeljc

skeeljc Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Dick,

I am sure they will stand behind the product if it is ever needed. I have not heard of any problems with the Auto-Drive. Mine has been going for three years now without a single problem.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor