1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P/W Auto-Drive Electric System, anyone using one?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by drduck, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drduck

drduck TS Member

I have an old 900 with great success, but time is more valuable now so I am thinking of making the jump to automatic. The electric is $800, the hydraulic is $1300. Pro's and con's if you have either or both. How did you make the decision?

2. dss8110

dss8110 Member

Call me and I will feel you I have both David 832-282-9262

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I own the electric drive and would not have it any other way. It flat shits and gets with never a hick up. It is also very quiet. With that said I have never used a hydro unit so can't comment on them.

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have used the P/W Auto-Drive electric for over a year now. I have used the hydraulics. Besides never leaking the electric is easy to control and quiet. I like to listen to the radio (oldies) when I reload. Not possible with the hydraulic units. P/W has a real winner with the Auto-Drive.

See me for a deal on a new one.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

[​IMG]

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Actually, the hydro is now $975 and I have a couple here for $750.

I worked on the development of the Automate for the P/W and Spolar, and played with the very first version of the P/W Electric Drive. In fact, I pushed to have the foot switch made available.

I, personally, use two hydros here at the shop. In fact just this weekend I unisstalled one to set up a new 800 Plus, and then today sold the Plus. I will now install a new Patriot on thi hydraulic unit. Both hydros are P/W hydraulic units. The one that runs an 800 Plus and I have had this unit for almost 20 years - it has never, ever caused me one problem - NOR HAS IT EVER LEAKED A DROP OF FLUID. The other run a fairly new Spolar. I prefer the hydro.

The noise can be abated with the use of an old dot-matrix printer enclosure with the convoluted foam. The control with the foot switch is superb.

Whiz<BR>
    P/W Distributor 30+ years

6. drduck

drduck TS Member

thanks for all the input and varied opinions will always prevail. I must admit the foot control would be a real plus for me. It seems like the speed and ease of being able to use both hands for empty and wad would be hard to beat. Why does the electric not have a foot control?

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

The Electric-Drive now does have a foot control option. It sells for $850.

Initially, Brian (no longer at P/W) met with me and told me that their lawyers argued against it for liability reasons. I responded that that avenue of debate was moot because they had a foot switch on the hydraulic, a much, much more powerful unit.

Finally, after requesting many of my customers and inquirers to call/email the company requesting this, the company finally acquiesced.

Whiz

8. drduck

drduck TS Member

pm sent...thanks Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.