1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P/W 950 indexing issue

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by drbauer65, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drbauer65

drbauer65 TS Member

I have a P/W 950 Elite that I got the removeable shellholder option for a while ago. Since installing it I find that it doesn't quite index to the next position anymore, it is close, and sometimes the detent ball will pull it to the right place, sometimes not, this is getting really frustrating as I can't seem to find a way to adjust this. I'd love any suggestions on adjusting the indexing position, I really don't want to go back and re-install to original,but am getting close to doing that.

Dereck

2. stu42

stu42 Member

I had the same problem with my PW 900CVT. Tried and tried to get it to work. I also had installed the removable shell holder upgrade. Finally sent it to Whiz White, the PW Guru. He fixed it, out of time, and had it back to me very quickly. I would recommend him any time. Whiz@swsupply.com, Shop 605-341-4412, Cell 605-390--9595 Stu

3. len loma

len loma TS Member

Have a few questions for anyone out there who purchased the PW removeable shell holder turret plate. Convenient and worth the investment? I see it is plastic so have they been breaking?

thanks,
    Len

4. Chris

Chris TS Member

I have one and it works fine if I do my part. You have to make sure that you push the handle all the way back before you pull it towards you. If you do this it works just fine. Worth the money in my opinion.

Dereck, get ahold of Whiz and he'll be able to help you!

Chris

5. drbauer65

drbauer65 TS Member

Thanks all, it would seem as though they could get it right, or add a timing adjustment, at this point I'm likely not going to mess with it, and dig up the pieces and pull that POS back out.

6. dcan67

dcan67 TS Member

I have one installed in my 950 now for 2-3 years with many shells loaded and zero problems.
    Sure handy for human errors when they happen and very little if any wear that I can find.
    Something else is wrong get a hold of Whiz maybe he can talk you through.
    Don

7. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

more clay , that "plastic" is advertised as being stronger than aluminum. Plastic ain't what it used to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.