1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P/W 800 + priming problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Krzyman, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krzyman

Krzyman TS Member

I need help on a problem I have with my priming station on my P/W 800+. The little rod that comes up to prime the hull is stuck in the up position and won't come down. Any ideas as to what to do to correct this? How involved is it to take this assembly apart?

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Any chance shot is stuck in part of the mechanism? It's a pretty easy part to disassemble.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

If its not bent (I'd put one of Whiz's hardened ones as stated above) take it apart and clean it and re grease it. I found if you keep it clean and lubed it works great with out any problems.

Whiz has instructions on his website.

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

If the primer post is bent there is a reason. The set screw that retaines the primer post could have loosened. This can cause the post to be bent when the turret rotates. You should also check the indexing. If the turret rotates too soon the primer post will be bent.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.