1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P/W 800 Owners - Update Your Wad Ram

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by whiz white, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Owners of 800B, 800C, and 800CVT (Convertible) machines, typically use the old style wad pressure adjuster.

The new machines by P/W use an adjustable wad height ram similar to the one shown in the photo here. They no longer are concerned with "pressure", just height.

This is a complete replacement for the B, C, and CVT machines which replaces the old standard ram, spring, disc, and adjusting sleeve.

[​IMG]

Whiz White<BR>
    P/W Distributor

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

The old ram didn't really permit you to set the perfect wad height in the shell. It was a pressure regulated ram. You could play with it to get the wad seated at a certain height, but that was determined by pressure.

Then, if you changed a load, a wad, or a different hull/wad combination, you would constantly adjusting to get the right height, in order to get the proper crimp.

The newer machines use a hight adjusting ram, like this one to set the height of the wad in the hull.

Consequently, even if you change components, your wad would still be set at the same height. I set a wad height, and then start loading, and never change it again.

If I go to a 1 oz wad, I *may* adjust it, but with AA hulls and AA12SL wads for 1 oz, I don't have to change it. I always set the wad according to the following diagram...

[​IMG]

Whiz

3. truthseeker

truthseeker Member

I am the guy who e-mailed you the 800B manual. How much for one of these? PM me. Thanks!

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.