Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

P/W 800+ out of time

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  oleolliedawg 
#1 ·
I'm having a problem with my loader. The turret is out of time after I had a jam. the turret is even turning backwards. any help with this is much appreciated. %$#@%& 410's...

#3 ·
You may have damaged the Star Gear (70) or the Index Pad (112). Refer to the operators manual parts list to locate these items. Check all the teeth on the Star Gear. Check the Index Pad for cracks.

Remenber, two hands on the operating lever usually ends with broken parts.

Jim Skeel<BR>
P/W Dealer/Distributor

#4 ·
Took it apart and didn't find any broken parts. The two bearings that drop in the holes of the turret aren't lining up in the right place, like half way between the stations. can the keyway change position?
By the way it wasn't a 2 hander. I have a electric drive. I think I backed it up a bit when I had a problem and it threw it out of time..?

#5 ·
scroll down and you can find solutions to various problems. Whiz is a genius when it comes to these machines and these will help.

Check your index pad adjustiment first. Also before you take something apart mark it so you don't put it back together 180 degrees off.

#8 ·
The screw holes are on opposite sides of the turret. Often there are two hex head screws in each hole. You have to take the first screw in each hole out completely and then go back in the hole with your hex wrench and loosen the inner hex head screw. Once you have loosened the screws on both sides of the turret just turn the turret by hand and line it up correctly. I find it best to line it is by raising the base plate by advancing the electric drive slowly and making sure that the shell ejector die on the final station engages correctly. That die should not touch the sides of the turret. Once you have it lined up tighten the inner set of hex screws on both sides of the turret and then run a couple of shells. If it all functions correctly then put the second set of hex screws back in the holes in the turret and tighten them down snuggly and you should be good to go.

doug

#11 ·
Timing the turrent: There is ONLY ONE screw per hole 180º apart in the 800 Plus, so the above suggestion regarding removing the outer set screws and then tighten the inner ones is incorrect.

Before you retime it, if you messed with the index pad, then you MUST follow the instructions in the manual or go to my website and download the instructions for installing a new index pad. You absolutely must do the steps in the order specified.

It is simple and straight-forward, but you have to do each step in order.

Those set screw are 3/32" I believe; very small and long.

WW

#12 ·
Whiz sorry to disagree but I have two 800+ machines and both of them have two hex head screws in each alignment hole. I bought them used so I do not know how they got there but there they are. The advantage is obvious as the outer screw will stop the inner screw from backing out if it has a tendency to do so. I do not know if they could back out but with the extra security of a second screw mine sure won't.

Doug

#13 ·
800 Plus machines are only threaded enough to hold ONE LONG set-screw. If you have two pairs then someone changed out the long ones.

P/W has never sold 800 Plus machines new with more than TWO set-screws for timing. You answered the question by using the word "used."

Furthermore, these do not have a tendency to back out, unless someone screwed around with the machine, and believe me I have seen about every kind of "self-fix" here at the shop.

I have been reloading on several 800 Plus machines since the day they came out, with a hydraulic, and have NEVER, EVER had a timing screw back out. Believe me too, that I am hard on these machines. I have broken my share of crossheads doing proto-typing and experimentingespeciallycially with the hydraulics.

Whiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.