1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P/W 410 Owners - Be Aware of Lil Gun Powder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whiz white, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

In conversation yesterday with the P/W factory, I learned what I already knew about a problem with Lil Gun powder.

Factory told me that Hodgdon Powder indicated to them that Lil Gun powder in the presence of air, is very corrosive to the black plastic EZ-Fill reservoir base.

I have a couple here in the shop that I warranted for a couple of my good customers. I can't do that any longer under warranty, but I wanted you guys to be aware of the problem.

Whiz White<BR>
    P/W Distributor

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

4. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

Whiz,

So what powder do you recommend. I heard h110, 296 had migration problems.

BR1

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

My Brother loads 410 on his 800+ and he uses Alliant 410 powder. Bill Malcolm

6. rdt10

rdt10 TS Member

Not 410, but longshot will also soften and pit the black plastic base.

7. goosecall

goosecall TS Member

I have found the same with LONGSHOT™ , and TITEGROUP™. I always try to remember to empty the hopper when done reloading with these powders.10tenner

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have to admit that I do not have a clue what to use in place of it. I don't reload 410. In fact, I just reloaded about 25 this week-end working on a customer's P/W. I used WST only because I have it here and us it often.

These shells will NOT be shot. I used the WST in the customer's bushing to test for wad height, and crimp for a finished product.

I's sure someone here will have a solution for you.

Also, you could switch to the aluminum reservoir retrofit from Jim Skeel or me.

Mine below is done to your existing base and I don't have any more available.
    [​IMG]

There is one over on eBay. The stuff in my estimation is WAY over-priced at $85 and the shipping of $18.21 is absurd; not surprising there are no bidders. The person is open to making an offer, however.
    Whiz

9. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

<a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/skeeljc/?action=view¤t=PWBaseTop003.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    <a href="http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/skeeljc/?action=view¤t=PWBaseBottom002.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

I will be making more of these machined aluminum bases for the P/W EZ-FILL hopper in a month or so. Send me an email if you think you might be interested and I will get back to you when I have some ready to go.

The Website link above will take you to last years thread on my base.

Jim Skeel

10. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

How about PW correcting their obvious misuse of material and offering registered owners the upgrade?

AndyH :-|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

410 reload lil gun powder

lil gun 410

lil gun powder for 410

lil gun powder vs 410