1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P****N Your Money Away

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by AEST BOSS, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

AEST BOSS Member

Apr 21, 2009
    We use a couple of temp agencies to augment our busy season. One of the temps was outstanding. We asked her to join our company full time. She said: "Thanks, but no thanks!"

Why? She told us it would screw-up her government benefits. She can't work over 25 hours per week or she becomes ineligible to continue getting the Washington DC handouts. "Able, but unwilling" thanks to our "system" which they are good at playing.

Today, there are tens of millions of these type stories everywhere in America.
  2. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

Nov 5, 2010
    So do you guys believe everybody on disability are freeloaders??

My wife Jeannie, is disabled after 30 years of contributing to social security. We have paid a small fortune in medical bills and surgeries over the last 7 years trying to relieve her 24X7 pain(and continue to). She would love nothing more than to become pain free and work again. I am very familar with the process to attain SS disability and what her doctors had to do to get this status. Also the goverment reserves the right to revisit the status when they choose.

I just don't think its fair to leave the impression that your examples apply to everyone. They don't. Joe
  3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    They "abandon" their jobs, and still collect unemployment?

I smell a rat. This sounds like an internet hoax. I don't disagree with the general message, but it just seems to have some gaps in it.
  4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I agree. This sounds like it's internet BS.
  5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Clayshooter555, you forgot to figure in the medical assistance and other benefits dished out by local units of gov't. That will bring it up to close to $4500/month.

Buzz-gun, there is a brief disqualification period for unemployment benefits if you voluntarily quit your job. After the expiration of that time period, you get full bennies.

There is a provision in Fed law that you are not eligible for many of these bennies unless you are actively seeking employment. That, of course, does not apply to those actually unable to work. Obamanation signed an executive order waiving the seeking work requirement before the election to be sure he could get enuf votes to stay in office.
  6. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Must be a different state than I live in. In Minnesota, you can only draw unemployment if laid off or fired without just cause.

Leave your job for no good reason and you are on your own!

Maybe that's why our unemployment rate is only 5.8%
  7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    IL(The gun friendly Southern Part)

As with your last thread that you posted in the shooting section, you didn't eveidently heed the warning from the moderators. They are the the ones that posted the "BOLD" print warning on your last thread about following the forum rules on posting. Wonder if they will just warn you this time?
  8. clayshooter555

clayshooter555 TS Member

May 20, 2008
    Hey, no problem.

Post has now been moved to that section....head over there to read it. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.