1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P Gun Radar- Which Dealer?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dsdickson, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsdickson

dsdickson Member

Greetings all! I've got a simple question.
    What dealer would be on your radar if you were purchasing a new perazzi trap gun? Is anyone stellar out there? If so... why? I'm starting to shop.

2. Jimmy Miller

Jimmy Miller Member

I highly recommendvRay Stafford. he is great to work with and very knowledgable.

3. dsdickson

dsdickson Member

Thanx Jimmy. He doesn't have a web site correct? Derek

4. bossbasl

bossbasl Well-Known Member

Pacific Sporting Arms (John Herkowiz), Azusa, CA. Shop is located very near Perazzi USA. John knows Perazzi's, has good business practices, and is price competitive. Lyle

5. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Depends on your location. I would not consider paying new P gun or similar prices without shooting the gun first. Most reputable dealers will have a shooter available. New England, Giacomo Sporting in NY state. Midwest Jaquas Findlay Oh., Mid south Bob Schultz. Mountain states Ray Stafford. Texas, Grays shooting sports. Contact Perazzi for a full list.

6. drgondog

drgondog Member

John Herkowitz has one distinct advantage - ho not only has his own inventory to draw from but he is right down the street from Perazzi USA HQ.

And he is a stand up guy.

7. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Be aware that if you order a not in stock gun you are in for a long wait. A squad mate ordered one at last years Grand and was told at this years Dixie it was suppose to be in the next shipment. When is that? Don't know. Jake

8. dsdickson

dsdickson Member

Thanks to all that have responded. Yes, I plan on shooting the following before making a purchase: mx 2005; Kolar max t/a; Krieghoff k80 t/s and maybe the Guerini challenger. Specifically interested in the o/u for doubles. I want/demand great customer investment from the dealer; not just a "gun" sale. Derek

9. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

My vote would be for Dan at Giacomo Sporting because:

A.) he is the closest dealer to me that offers a fitting session for a custom order gun

B.) he was able to rectify issues with a new gun order I had (Perazzi Italy did not give me the specs I had ordered), without extra cost to me and because of his bend over backwards service to make things right, I ordered a second gun from him without hesitation.

C.) Dan does gunsmithing/stock adjustments and his brother does stockwork so it's a one stop shop without having to send it out to one guy to do stockwork and then to another gun to do gunsmithing should I need either work done.

10. rwtii

rwtii Member

Anyone can discount a gun for a sale. Dan at Giacomo can service it for as long as you own it. Others, not so much.

11. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

If you do a complete custom order - you will need a dealer that will work for you if gun received is not the same as ordered. Giacomo, Pacific Sporting, Larry Friedman, Ray Stafford.

12. drgondog

drgondog Member

The elder Giacomo was a great Perazzi gunsmith - But he is no longer doing any work. There is nobody home at Giacomo's any more and no more quality complex work is being done in Rome, NY.

Lucio is a very close peer of Giacomo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.