1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P. F. Stocks. How much less recoil

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Browning Boy, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

I have been having a big debate about buying a Precision Fit stock. This past weekend I shot a registered shoot and the handicaps just beat me up. My question is how much less recoil, has compared to my BT 99 Plus. Maybe I should change my handicap load. I shoot 1200FPS 7.5 shot. at 25 yds. Any input on either subject will be welcome.

Thanks
    George Ware

2. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

George, I had a PFS and works as intended. It may be the best at reducing recoil because not only does it have the reduction system it's completely adjustable and will probably fit you better. Your whole Browning gun moves when fired. With the PFS the butt-stock doesn't move but the gun moves into it so while nothing rubs your face there's the rest of the gun sliding back and forth. It feels different or odd at first and may take getting use to. I would try someone else's gun if possible. I kept mine pretty firm where it wouldn't move when mounting the gun. It was a pleasure to shoot and you could easily shoot heavy rounds on everything.

Shoot well,

Jim

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

George,

So far, the doctors have not been able to pinpoint what is wrong with my shooting shoulder, but suffice to say, I would not be shooting without the PFS stock. I have both my singles and doubles guns set up with PFS. I have the doubles gun set a little softer because I shoot 1 1/8 loads. You can adjust the gun to fit correctly. They are the greatest, for my money.

JON

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The PFS is the best recoil reduction system available to date, there are many shooters who would not be able to shoot if it was not for the PFS ... I was a hard sell and thought they were about as ugly as a Robo rabid dog, but I changed my mind completely once I shot one ... I don't know if I will ever not have one around again ... I was never recoil sensitive and tried one just for "Kicks" or I should say lack of and had to have one after that, they work and do what they are designed to do and thats reduce recoil ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. vdt

vdt Active Member

the next best thing to sliced bread...vdt

6. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

Hey Thanks Guys. I guess I'm done debating and will give them a call tonight. I just needed to be reassured. Once again Thanks

George Ware

7. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

Also, have tou had your 99 Plus recoil reducer looked at? They aren` bullet proof. I swear by by PFS, discs and such. Three dram one oz`ers. No like, sell it for 75% of what ytou paid for it. The grip on the BT PFS may have to have the slot for the tang elongated.

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

George- If you like your PFS half as much as I like mine, you will be very happy after you get it adjusted. It can take some time to get it right.

Pat Ireland

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It's the first stock I ever had that fit. That in it self is worth the money. The recoil reduction is just an added bonus. One however, can fiddle with them to much. Which, I might add, I have done and still do. That is a problem that I can't seem to stop.

10. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

absolutely the best thing i've gotten for recoil reduction. Now I can shoot hot loads from the 27 and it feels like a light 16yard load. Cannot praise them enough!

11. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Bought one for the 682 and couldn't believe what I wasn't feeling! Wish I could have a grip made for my Weatherby.....I'd buy another one in a minute! Vern is very helpful and so is Kathy - Give them a call!

12. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Hey Mac....I shoot in Pembroke, Mass at Old Colony Sportsmen's Association. You're welcome to email me at yvonne02339@yahoo.com and make arrangements to come on over to the club and shoot the ugly little bugger! If you shoot at Cape Cod Fish and Game, the fellas will probably know who I am! (Ask who won the bracelet!)

13. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

I love mine and it looks great too with my custom paint job! Look at my dark red one on MikeRicklefs.com !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.