1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

P.F.S. top bushing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vdt, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vdt

vdt Active Member

For users of a P.F.S that have bought them used i have a upgrade for you.

I have been installing a 2" brass bushing in the top tube and in some cases a longer rod ,if you are interested in having yours done ,please drop me a line,$50.00 U.S. +shipping

A.is the older bushing B.is the older rod C.new brass bushing D.new rod if needed

Victor Tomlinson
  2. butcher

butcher Member

Are you the manufacturer of PFS?
  3. vdt

vdt Active Member

no ,i just work on them and i believe i have a improvement in putting a 1" oil lite bushing in and take out a 1/4 " one
  4. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

5. 25deadbirds

25deadbirds TS Member

Why not offer a DIY kit?
  6. vdt

vdt Active Member

the kit would involve all the special tools and equipment i use and that is hundreds ,you need to have all this to do the job properly
  7. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Active Member

Would this effect the warranty?
  8. vdt

vdt Active Member

yes i could ,but i have only seen 2 problems with the P.F.S. one being the top bushing and the other breaking the 1/8" C-ring on the lower rod,i sent mine back under warranty twice and to be honest found a way to remedy the problem has not had that problem for years now,mine is the older model with the large rod on top not the new style with the smaller diameter rod ,smaller rod less bearing surface,i have done quite a few newer models and only a hand full of older models ...thank you
  9. IMAGE-RANCH

IMAGE-RANCH TS Member

10. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

50 bucks - that's a heck-of-a' deal.
  11. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Where are you located and what is shipping from and to 08088
  12. vdt

vdt Active Member

i am in Ontario,Canada,if you can remove top tube and top rod , much cheaper on shipping,i give 2 day turn around
  13. vdt

vdt Active Member

both the top and bottom rods are fix in place,they can be removed but that is why there is not rotation ,in the unite ,i hope that helps
  14. vdt

vdt Active Member

the two Rods top and bottom are lock in place they go into the top tube and the lower rod goes into the lower tube ,because they are fitted with a bushing [ for movement just in and out ] there is no way they can rotate,unless they are worn ,that is the bushings in the tubes ,my fix is for the top rod ,as i said in my thread the top bushing from the factory is 1/4" my bushing is 1" and i fit the rod to my bushing,makes for a longer lasting fix
  15. vdt

vdt Active Member

what i do to see how much movement there is in the top bushing is,i put the gun together and place it on a table on the bottom of the receiver,allowing the stock to overhang the table edge,holding down on the action i see how much movement there is in the unite by grabbing hold of the recoil pad and see how much movement i get up and down.i do not believe there is a spec but use your own judgment on that.i make sure when i set up a P.F.S. ,the comb is in-line with the rib ,no cant,the toe and the heel of the comb parrell to the rib,if all that is correct ,i would put a tad more pitch in your recoil pad.the bushing in that top rod if it is the old style is 1/4" long and is a fiber like bushing ,i install a 1" oil-light bushing and then fit the rod to the bushing,much more support for the top rod.you might have it set too soft too,i set them 30 full turns from stop,to start.try this and get back to me ...love to help...keep well...vdt
  16. powderburn

powderburn Member

You dont need to yell your post out to be heard. geez........
  17. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

vdt said: "you might have it set too soft too,i set them 30 full turns from stop"

vdt, are you saying that you set the recoil tension screw to 30 turns out? if so, how much travel do you get when the unit fully compresses? What kind of load are you shooting? Do you have any problems with the gun coming loose from the shoulder after the first shot with this much travel?
  18. vdt

vdt Active Member

if i compress it by hand it goes full travel[ about 1 " ],but i shoot 1230 load and have not a tad of problem i hold my gun snug into my shoulder and i use a 401-6-L kick- ezz trap pad and turn the pad for a right handed shooter
  19. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Someone mentioned a cheek slap

The stock isnt fitting - or you are lifting your head which you are unlikely to do if you have it fit correctly

Flexing of anything- you or the device doesnt cause cheek slap- it is operator error in fitting

Regards from Iowa

Gene
  20. salston414ra

salston414ra TS Member

Dear VDT,
    Please contact me at 404-964-3959.
    Would like to send my stock to you to upgrade.
    Thanks.
    Sam Alston