1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P.F.S. grip question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ILike2Shoot, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILike2Shoot

ILike2Shoot TS Member

I once saw a pfs grip for a BT100 for sale on this site. Can any one tell me how that was accomplished.

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

When you find out let me know. I'm waiting for one for a Model 12 and SX-1!!

3. ILike2Shoot

ILike2Shoot TS Member

I know that pfs makes a grip for the BT99. I know the standard stock for the BT99 is different then the stock for the BT100. Can the BT99 grip be altered enough to fit the BT100.

4. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Several people have modified existing grips with Bondo or Expoxies to fit their guns. Also stock makers like Stocker John have made custom wood grips to fit almost any gun.

Surfer

5. vdt

vdt Active Member

i made a grip for my Perazzi from a stock,next week i am making one for a K80
    vdt_2008_030399.jpg

6. vdt

vdt Active Member

7. ILike2Shoot

ILike2Shoot TS Member

That's very impressive vdt. Way behond my ability. I have had a call into Vern at PFS all last week, have not heard from him yet. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks guys.

8. vdt

vdt Active Member

will post pictures of how the K 80 works out

9. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Hopefully I can get in line for a Superposed Broadway. Do you think it will be possible to make a cheek piece out of the rest of the original stock? There wouldn't be a matching problem that way. Ron

10. vdt

vdt Active Member

that is exactly what i am going to try to do with this K 80 one

11. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Are you using a CNC type machine? Ron

12. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

If you could take customer's stocks & make grips & combs for PFS's at a reasonable price I bet you would have lots of demand......I sure would be interested in having one done!

13. vdt

vdt Active Member

+++i am doing a K 80 this week ,lets see how it turns out ,i no i could be quite busy...thank you

14. ILike2Shoot

ILike2Shoot TS Member

I talked to "Stocker" John today about making a grip for the BT100. He does not have a master for that model. I asked if he could use an existing stock, and he said he tried that but it does not work. He said you need more drop for the grip and he would have to start with a wood blank to get it right. Aparently he has made grips in the past for 400.00. John feels he can not be profitable at that price even if he had a master. He does seem like a great guy.

15. high 2

high 2 Member

I make the PFS grips out of wood. What I found with a factory K80 stock is you can't set the front of the PFS low enough in the grip. It will accept it but the drop at comb is too high for most people. A factory Perazzi stock is deep enough to give a reasonable drop at comb. Maybe I'm missing something. Let us know if you pull it off. Larry

16. vdt

vdt Active Member

we shall see

17. dead on 4

I'm wondering if you could dissect a BT PFS grip and remold it onto the 100 receiver holding it together with liquid steel, expoy putty, glass filled bondo or some other structural compound?

Surfer

18. ILike2Shoot

ILike2Shoot TS Member

I had the same thought Surfer. I talked to Vern from PFS today about that. He felt the BT100 reciever was much longer and wider than the BT99 grip and there was not enough material to work with. Never say never. I am concerned about the metal fitting inside the PFS grip that the PFS adjustable stock fits into and the single attachment bolt screws into. I would think with out that male/female metal conection the stock would eventually loosen in wood from the torque. VDT must be using epoxy to secure a nut into his wood grip. There sure are some talented and creative shooters out there.

19. vdt

vdt Active Member

getting warmer

20. dead on 4

How about buying a BT 100 Weing semi inletted stock and have them leave the wood unshaped behind the grip leaving a block for you to work with. Or how about a Weing or used factory stock as mold pouring plaster of parris around it using it as a female mold that you could pour a resin grip? I think the Weing unfinished stock would be a good start.

Surfer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

vdt pfs stocks