1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P.F.S...Doubles ..Lock-up?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vdt, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vdt

vdt Active Member

i am working on a device that you install in your P.F.S. where the weight goes ,it will be adjustable to your length setting ,so when you want to shoot doubles all you need to do is install it set it to lock position ,therefore no need to change your tension setting in lower unite....how many out there might be interested in one,i think they will be around $50.00 U.S.

pictures to follow after pro to is done

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Sounds like a winner. I would try one.

Phil Berkowitz

3. zinger

zinger Member

VDT,why would you want to lock up your PFS? Wouldn't it defeat the whole purpose of even having one? I was coming out of the gun and didn't even realize it because I had my stock set too soft. Vern tightened my stock all the way down to no movement and then backed off 10 turns. It only moves about 1 inch and actually works better now than how I had been shooting it! Since he is the inventor and knows the product better than anyone, I think instead of adding extra pieces to an already proven product, we should try to use it properly first. JMO

4. vdt

vdt Active Member

most people who i have talk to usually need to tighten up the tension for doubles ,a pain in the neck ,and a lot of owner of these unite are not very good with that tool kit,i my self set them as soft as i can but still absorb the recoil,too soft for all the doubles most people shoot ,this is just a thing i thought some people may want who again like their stock set on the soft side ,and for all the doubles they shoot just install my unite and not loss there set setting...vdt

5. zinger

zinger Member

That's what I'm talking about VDT. Having your stock set too soft will actually cause it to have more felt recoil. I would never have believed that having my stock tightened like I said above would make it feel better but it did. Next time you go out to shoot, try your stock tightened up all the way and then backing off 10 turns (to start). You'll see what I'm talkng about. Bruce used to get slapped in the cheek and was constantly adjusting his comb thinking it wasn't "just right" until I told him what Vern did to my stock. He reluctantly tightened it, then backed off 10 turns and was amazed how much more comfortable the stock was and how much better it worked. I'm just telling you my experience. Anyone who owns a PFS surely knows how to adjust the tension.

6. vdt

vdt Active Member

Ok Kim i will do just that ,i think i have been there but i will try your suggestion,,,but i still like my idea

7. zinger

zinger Member

VDT, I'm not dissing your idea, I'm just suggesting that maybe we've all been setting our stocks too soft and now we don't think we can go tighter. Your idea sounds like it's something that you install where the weight screws in but when the stock recoils, it will stop at whatever length you have it set at? Am I correct that basically it's like a stop block? If it is, do you think it might be something that could possibly damage the stock?

8. vdt

vdt Active Member

no, it is in the center between both the top and bottom tubes ,no stress on either

9. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I would like to see one.

Ajax

10. vdt

vdt Active Member

Dixie Special 25 never heard that ,more reason for making this ,thank you ,have more material ordered will have the finished product on Thursday

11. zinger

zinger Member

when you get one made, will you show us what it looks like? I want to see what it looks like.

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

10 turns for caps and 16's in 4 turns or a net 6 turns for doubles. Keeps the stock from returning to normal while you are swinging to 2 nd doubles bird. Because of a double release I am holding the stock back while setting the 2nd trigger.

It works, the different setting.

Don

13. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

I have a pfs stock and last year I kept getting a sore right wrist. Finallt decided to tighten my stock 1 turn tighter. The sore wrist went away. I had the stock too loose and was taking all the recoil in my hands. Other then that it works great motordoc

14. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a PFS and i set it up so it only moves 1/4 max. Any softer then that you fell the gun move to much. With 1/8 to 1/4" the gun just fell stable and my wrist don't hurt after a few hundred rounds.
    I don't know if I wound need a lock out, but I would like to demo one.

15. phirel

phirel TS Member

I like my PFS set at 13 turns for singles, handicap and doubles, but as many already know, I am a little different.

Pat Ireland

16. old tex

old tex TS Member

Might be very good idea I have problem w/2nd shot because I tend to keep it closed to long after 1st.

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Dix; I hope you know to repair it.

Don

18. vdt

vdt Active Member

19. Herman63

Herman63 Member

So is that it in the abive pictures? How much?

Herman63

20. vdt

vdt Active Member

i would say around $60.00 delivered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to lock pfs for shooting doubles