1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

P.A GRAND OUTSTANDING

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by seitz t22, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seitz t22

seitz t22 TS Member

GREAT JOB PSSA great pig roast,great trophies good targets well run shoot.

2. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

The weather, to shoot, was great. Saturday's shoot off for the singles championship was a classic. Congratulations to John and Chris, I didn't think
    they were ever going to drop a target.

The pig was delicious. I could have eaten that all weekend. There were only two vendors, The massage lady and the fellow who sells jewelry with the shell or cartridge heads.

We had a great time !!

Brenda & Vern

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Heh, I'm excited-broke the last 25 from the fence today. #1 son made his appearance in the 'caps after at least a 10 year hiatus and broke 90 from the fence-beating Daddy by one. Nice targets today.

We won't talk about my Doubles!!

4. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

I was not as impressed!!!!

First I should mention this is my son's (age 14) year of ATA shooting. However, he has shot at the Keystone Classic and the PA State Shoot both held at the same place,at these shoots we did not have any problems. But the PA Grad was totally different and way too confusing!!!!!

My son was on bank 12 and was to be on squad 36. This means (or so we thought) that he would be on the third group of people to shoot from that trap house. Because it would go 12, 24, 36 etc. So we watched from afar and after the first squad shot we got our gear and headed up to the trap house. We get to the trap and they were on squad 48?????? Then squad 60 was up??????

We asked an official and we were helped right away, so much thanks for that.

Apparently, the first squad to shoot was 36 because squads 12 and 24 did not show? How were we to know that? And if they knew they had a full squad why did they start the squad with someone missing (my son).

so like I said we got assistance to help with this, and they moved my son to squad 107 on bank 11. We did learn from our mistake and decided to wait at the trap for squad 107. Well glad we did!!! When everthing was straightened out squad 59 was shooting on bank 11. After squad 59, next was 71 then after squad 71, squad 107 was up?????? Because the squads between 71 and 107 did not show.

I do not understand how sooooo many squads were not filled and exactly how the shooter is supposed to know when it is his time to shoot. Very confusing!!!!

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Sounds like the big dogs read the weather report and opted to use their set of afternoon squads. ;-)

Fairly common. Used to drive 330+ miles to Vandalia to end up on a 1-2 man squad that should have been the third/fourth squad out, but was leadoff. Learned pretty quickly to turn down the early squads offered, but if you took a later squad you could still end up in a short squad. With the computerization out there, they can now see "live" squads and offer you a "full" squad at Sparta.

6. seitz t22

seitz t22 TS Member

I totally understand your confusion what happened their people pay presquad and they don't return the positions like they should and just let the squad go unfilled.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

reddeath,

You obviously have not been to many shoots, what you are complaining about happens all the time ... Its not unusual for the first squad to be number 20 or 30 or even higher at some of the bigger shoots in the first event of the day ... They cannot force anyone to shoot or pull squad 1 or 2 so the squad numbers could start at 20,30, 40 or more and still be first out ... Once you get burned a few time you will learn to pull a squad that will shoot much later and probably won't any way ... Well, at least you learned something and you won't let it happen again ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Unfilled squads will catch you sometimes. That's why I drove past my bank (11) several times and checked the numbers just in case. It's usually the shooters themselves who create the problems of missing squads. If I'd have known Bank 12 was open when I squadded I'd have shot there!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.