1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oxford Trap Captain?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Al 29, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

What happened to the Wallace'=?

Did they decide to move on?

Is the club still shooting Thursday nights for meat?

What is the deal and what is the story?

Thanks,

Jeff A.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Jeff...

The Wallace's have moved on...Ted's been running the trap part for years and decided to take some time off.

As of this writing I'm not sure who's doing what. The club is still doing the Thursday night "Green Bird" shoots. Their website hasn't been updated in months, so there's no help there.

The Sporting Clays and Skeet parts are losing money which is making the entire club suffer. Plus there's alot of backbiting, etc.

The Trap part needs to divest itself of the SC'ers and Skeeter's...let those disciplines either become fiscally solvent or do away with them.

Curt

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Sigh...skeet moochers...I've seen this before...

4. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

A fine gentleman and shooter named Ray Natale has been running the Thursday night shoots. Not sure if this is permanent of if he's just filling in - but he has been doing the club well - kudos to him.

As for the Skeet and SC components of the club - I'm not sure they are losing any money - overall costs are about the same and 100% customer reimbursed - but they certainly do not make as much money as does the trap program.

There has been some backbiting over how to spend club money on these three disciplines - with the trap guys saying that money should be spent in proportion to how it is generated (thus more towards trap). The others say it's club money and should be spent for the betterment of the club overall. Personally, I agree with the "overall betterment" approach. They key is to promote more shooting, and skeet and SC setups commensurate with the outstanding trap facilies at Oxford would, in my opinion, bring in more people overall. Isn't that better for eveeryone?

Anyway - if you want to shoot a great Thursday night trap program - Oxford has it. The every other Sunday SC course is also pretty good.

BTW - seems to me there would be more skeeet and SC money coming into the club if they opened more days of the month to them. In the end there needs to be a little better apples to apples comparison.

Funny how there are no complaints over the 5-stand program.....

Just my missives - I love Oxford.

Joe

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Sporting clays at our club cost is $15/50 Targets. Trap cost is $9/50 targets. Why does Sporting Clays lose money?

6. WTW

WTW Member

The skeet and sporting clays are making money but, If the shooters would only take enough shells to the line they would double the profit they are making. Five stand is a good money maker but they have the same problem with the shooters taking more shells to the line than needed. Let me have that pair again and again and again. WE WILL NOT EVEN START ON THE WOBBLE TRAY !!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.