1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Oxford, Pa. Shooter Robert Pierce passes.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WTW, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WTW

WTW Member

Robert Pierce passed away last night. He will be missed by all his trap shooting friends and the girls in the kitchen at Oxford.
    Prayers go out to his family.

Bob we will never for get you.

Ted
  2. T H Wallace

T H Wallace Member

Yep, Bob will indeed be missed.
  3. dhip

dhip Active Member

Now I know why so many were so solemn tonight.Didn't even hear it mentioned.Only been shooting 3 yrs.,but Bob was a nice guy,Always seemed to be smiling about something.

Doug H.
  4. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I only knew Bob for the last 2 years, but he always had that smile and a kind word for me. He will be missed.

Oscar
  5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rest in Peace Bob,..I'm sure that our other good friends in heaven have saved you a spot on their squad....Known Bob many years and will miss him greatly
  6. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

I knew Bobby and shot with him.

Great sense of humor. He will be missed.

Adios, Dirk
  7. M R Ducks

M R Ducks TS Member

Sorry to hear this - a true gentleman.

Rest in peace -

Joe
  8. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

Robert S. Pierce

Age 68, of Kirkwood, PA, died Wednesday, February 22, 2012 at his residence.

He was born in Wilmington, DE, a son of the late Albert H. "Joe" and Louise Mayhew Taylor Pierce. Mr. Pierce was a true and loyal employee of Mr. George Strawbridge for over 50 years, working first on his thoroughbred farm, then as a farm manager, and lastly as the manager of the his estate. He was a member of the Oxford Gun Club. Robert's hobbies included trap shooting, hunting, gardening, participating in the sport of horse cutting, and raising a variety of chickens.

Surviving are two daughters, Stephanie L. Pierce and her companion J.R. Muckel of Quarryville, Jennifer L. Harris and her fiancé Junior Jones of Quarryville; a grandson Robert Wade Jones; his former wife Alphia Pierce; two sisters, Nancy married to Reggie Craig, Joanne married to Craig Walenga; brother Tommy Pierce and his wife Sandy, all of Maryland.

Services will be private.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Mr. Pierce's memory to Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111-2497 or to Oxford Gun Club, P.O. Box 533, Nottingham, PA 19362.

Arrangements entrusted to the Reynolds Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc. Quarryville, PA. To send an online note of condolence, please visit our website at reynoldsfuneralhome.net

Published in The News Journal on February 25, 2012
  9. JTEA

JTEA Member

Bobby was a great farm manager and an avid hunter. The neighbors out here will miss him as well. He was a no nonsense guy, but always treated people fairly. Sorry to hear he has passed.

Joel Tea
  10. WTW

WTW Member

There will be a service for Bob this Sunday at the Oxford Gun Club.
    1:00 PM.

Nancy asked me to spread the word.

Ted
  11. WTW

WTW Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.