1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Oxford Last AGAIN! Shoot #8 Pen-Mar

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

We had our 2nd nice weather day since the Pen-Mar started in Oct. A little chilly, breezy, but the sun was out (if you shot before the shadows fell). The late squads shot in conditions that reminded me of the twilight league at WTA. We had a good turn out (sun helps) and 36 shooters shot make-ups from the rainy Cedar shoot back in Oct. So the traps were busy and the day went longer than normal. Shooter totals: Cedar 53, Oxford 33, Quarryville 33, (119 total, 36 make-ups, 5 Juniors).

Taking Top Gun Honors for the days event was Reid from Oxford with 49x50. Also earning a yard with 49x50 was yours truly in a make-up. That sends Reid to the 21 and I'm headed to the 26 1/2. (I shot a 47 in the sun and broke the 49 in the shadows, just doesn't make sense)

Earning 1/2 yard with 48x50 was: Mike Matroni sr (20.5), Dennis Shifflett (20.5), and in a make-up Kaska Wioka (19.5). Mike shoots for Quarryville, Dennis for Cedar, and Kaska for Cedar.

Lewis Payout: 49 (1) 84.00__ 48 (1) 56.00__ 42 (5) 16.75__ 41 (5) 11.00

High Gun 48 (1) 74.00__ High Hcp 24 (3) 24.00

The 50/50 winner was Bill Harrison (41.50)

Oxford got off to a great start with Reid's 49 and my 47. Then D. Shifflett came in with a 48 and got Cedar on the board. John Hoadley answered that with a 47 for Oxford. Meanwhile Quarryville was bringing up the rear but they held the A team in reserve. Oxford held the lead all day and when we ran out of shooters we were 3 targets up on Cedar and 8 targets up on Quarryville. But Cedar still had a squad left and Quarryville still had the A team (they are a great bunch of guys but boy are they getting under my skin!!). Oxfords day started to go down hill when the Wallace duo (Jr&Sr) came in with 46's. That put Cedar in front of Oxford by 3 targets. Now Cedar was hoping to win the day but wait the A team is on the line (see what I mean) and the leader Mike Matroni Sr came in with the goods (48x50) and his sidekick Les Boone had a 47x50. The A team picked up 11 targets and tied Cedar for 1st. Now thats what I call getting it done!! Cedar 454, Quarryville 454, Oxford 451 (man that hurts)

Shooter standings after 7 shoots, top 3:

Singles R. Lewis 170, E. Gouge 169, W. Ruhl 168

Hcp B. Shissler 162, R. Lewis 158, J. Roland 157

HOA R. Lewis 328, J. Roland 321, W. Ruhl 321

Club Standings after shoot #8: Oxford 17pts, Quarryville 16.5pts, Cedar 14.5pts

Oxfords lead is down as low as it can go and still be a lead. Quarryville has shown they can come from behind and Cedar is saying that they are not out of it yet. I'm hoping that home field will pay off for us next Sat. Time will tell.

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

It sounds like you really make shooting in that league fun and that's how it should be. Friendly, competitive rivalries are the heart of any league and you appear to have a great one going there! I enjoy reading your very personal reports, especially since I know several of the shooters whose names you've mentioned.

Ed

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Ed..

Heres to hoping you get to read about the whommping Oxford puts on the rest of the field on Sat. Have a good holiday season. Shoot well and often.

Rich Lewis, OGC Director

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Snow? What Snow?

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Why did someone have to say SNOW!!! I like snow I just don't see well in it. Hard to shoot well when your having trouble seeing.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

10" to 20" for southern New Castle County....

6" to 12" for Oxford

Get your booties ready....

Gonna be some great duck/goose hunting on Saturday morning....

Curt

7. bud168

bud168 Member

Shooting in the snow is always fun :)

- Kurt

8. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

At least I got to spend 30hrs straight in a backhoe w/snobox pushing that white gold!!! A little extra for shooting supplies.

9. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

The next Pen-Mar shoot is Dec 26th at Quarryville. Enjoy the Holiday and see you the day after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.